[XVI] - Leave Me Alone!

It was a long day. They really did spend the whole afternoon. It was fun nonetheless.

Hinata and Komaeda were supposed to be on their own separate ways but Hajime left his plushie at the fun house. He told me that the marshmallow haired boy that he had been feeling a strange void inside his heart this entire time and he just discovered that he left the plushie.

They fought for a while about Komaeda accompanying him. In the end, he won the debate, though the agreement was that Hinata goes inside while Komaeda just stays outside. He was taking so long though that Nagito is wonderimh what's holding him up.

Just as what Hajime fears, he turns around to see the group of people he'd been trying to avoid. His face grew pale.

"Well well well."

As much as he wants to tell them to leave me alone, those words wouldn't come out of his mouth.

Hajime is probably too tired of repeating it over and over again. They never listen anyway.

"He's actually gay! He's been hanging out with this boring Ultimate and they were so lovey dovey!" They laughed at him.

Hinata stayed at the corner, trying to block their words away from him. Why should they matter?

"What's the big deal of you acting mighty with the Ultimates? You think you belong to be at their level?"

"You don't even have something you're good at. Why do you bother?"

One of the bullies shove Hinata slightly. It was enough for the brunette to stumble but regain his posture.

"Know your place. Quit that shit. You think we want people to keep thinking that we kiss the Ultimates ass whenever we try to be at their presence? You embarrass us reserve course students."

"I bet he just wants attention."

They started laughing again. Hinata looked down, feeling helpless. Even if they refute their words, what would be the point? If it's about him, it wouldn't change anything. Maybe if there's a murder case, he'd speak up. But this is nothing serious. It's repetitive truth that he gets told whenever they have the chance to unluckily meet. Hajime already knows what the bullies have been spouting. He's aware, but he doesn't want to constantly hear that he'll always be nothing compared to those who's above him.

"Hey!"

Hinata's head raised at the voice of Komaeda.

"Aww it's your--"

"Not another word," he interjected, glaring daggers at them.

Hinata felt somewhat relieved, but now he's caught up in this mess.

"Or what? You're gonna punch us with those stick hands of yours?" They all laughed together.

Hinata is getting tired of hearing their laughter.

"Back off gaywad. You're outnumbered," he said as he cracked his knuckles.

"I'll fight you. No sweat," Komaeda smirked at them.

They laughed off Komaeda's pathetic attempt of bravery. They slowly approached him with their eyes, hungry to bring this Ultimate down.

Hajime panicked at the sight but he didn't know what to do so he stayed there, hoping Komaeda would just change his mind and run since the exit is just behind him.

"Wait," Komaeda said as he raised his pointer finger. They surprisingly stopped. "I'll agree to fight only if Hinata leaves the building."

"No, Komaeda..."

"Alright," they agreed as one of them shoved the brunette to Komaeda.

He caught him and whispered for the ordinary guy to leave. He doesn't want to but he followed his request anyway.

He doesn't know what he's going to do, but he trusts him. 

Nagito furrowed his eyebrows, gaze fixated to the ones who had been harassing his friend.

"Hajime didn't deserve any of this. I will put them in their place. And I will bring myself with them. I don't care what happens." He thought.

"I am the Ultimate Lucky student. I know, boring talent and such," Komaeda started.

They grew impatient. "Hurry up and let me beat you up. It'll be funny if the headline is "Ultimate got beat up by a Regular". Sounds pathetic, right?"

"I know," Komaeda let out a small chuckle. He opened his eyes, feeling despair in his blood. "The headline would be..." he paused as he held out the toy gun he stole from the stall. "Ultimate Lucky student, Komaeda Nagito, used his luck for death!" He exclaimed as he let out a satanic laugh.

All of them thought he was crazy. But when was he never like that?

Komaeda shot at one of them but it missed but instead, landed to his shoulder.

"Are you fucking crazy?! You're gonna get beaten to a fucking pulp!"

"Oh, no one is going to be beaten." He said as he aimed the gun to the ceiling. "We're all going to hell instead," he said, pulling the trigger after the sentence.

Everything was according to plan.

The building came to an end. It slowly collapsed in front of them. Komaeda closed his eyes, awaiting death.

He heard a loud ringing that turned into a voice as it got closer. He looked to the direction where the sound was. There, he saw Hajime running towards him. Nagito's eyes widened. He never wanted to involve him inside the fun house.

Hinata jumped towards him.

"Ko!!"

...........................