[VI] - Sacrifices

Today is Sunday which is a day where some people sit around... probably cry in bed.

Komaeda did some of those and decided to go to the nearest cafe. He always loves it there. Not that many people come there, which is excellent.

He stepped into the shop, recognizing the pink-haired male right away. He turned, but it was too late.

"Komaeda-Kun!"

He sighed in defeat, knowing that he has to acknowledge people today. His Sunday was already ruined because of a dog chasing after him. And now this.

"Hi," Komaeda greeted.

Souda stood up and dragged him on their seat. He gave him one of his snacks which Komaeda gladly accepted.

Kuzuryu was also sitting there. He's short so it took a while to notice him.

"We're on our way to annoy Tanaka-Kun, but we decided to stop by here for a bit," Souda said.

"Hey, I'm not part of the annoying Tanaka Gundam crew. It's just him," Kuzuryu defended to keep his name clean. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Wanna join us annoy Tanaka-Kun?" Souda suggested with starry eyes.

Komaeda wiped the filling from his mouth with a napkin and shook his head. "No thanks. I'm don't deserve to hang out with someone as great as you two anyway."

"Oh, come on," Souda insisted. "By the way! Nanami-San is part of the bet! She placed 5,000 yen."

Komaeda nodded in disappointment. Of course, he expected this.

"It's like she's so confident about this!" Souda said.

He hopes that Nanami wouldn't cheat her way through this. What could she possibly do? Whatever him collecting hopeful cash is what matters. He hopes that his luck is on board with it.

"Wanna go to the library? I bet Tanaka-Kun is in there reading about puppies and stuff," Souda suggested.

"Why are you into Tanaka? Are you in love with him or something?" Kuzuryu asked

Komaeda widened his eyes. Now that makes sense...

"Loving a love rival doesn't exist. Are you stupid?" Souda said.

"Let's go to the library," Komaeda suggested.

He wants to go home. Maybe when they're busy with something, he could sneak out of the library.

The trio entered the library. The smell of books greeted them in comfort. The cool breeze of the air conditioning made them appreciate it more since it's burning outside.

Komaeda touched the books and read the titles. Maybe he should buy one. He stumbled across a book that made him slightly open his mouth.

"Rivals to lovers- Souda-Kun!" Komaeda said, grabbing the book.

"There he is, Kuzuryu!" Souda exclaimed, pointing at the emo boy 2.0.

"Shh! We're in a fucking library!" Kuzuryu also exclaimed.

Komaeda swears. He put the book back. He'll figure something out eventually.

Souda rushed to Tanaka. Kuzuryu didn't have a choice but to follow his friend. Of course, they wouldn't notice that they left him behind. He's transparent amongst the ultimates.

Komaeda started looking back at the books. He noticed someone that he recognized before. Aren't one of them from the debate club?

"Thanks for coming to study with me, Iruma-San."