[Bonus Chapter] - Date!

Nagito Komaeda

"Nanami. We're planning on going somewhere."

"Oh come on, Nagito. Just help a bit. Sonia also wanna hang out with us."

"Or maybe just you."

"What was that?"

Hajime, Nanami and I are heading to Sonia's house. She picked a wrong date and she didn't even bother to tell me sooner. Instead of Hajime and I going to our... First date, Nanami decided to be with her soon-to-be-girlfriend or something.

"Greetings! Please come in." Sonia welcomed us in."

"So... What are we going to do, Nananmi?" I whispered at her.

"Oh. We're going to be watering the plants."

...

Watering all that?! It's like the size of Hope's Peak's courtyard!

"Nanami..."

"You're already here, Nagito. Don't be rude. You'll break Sonia's heart."

"This is embarrassing for me."

"Haha, I don't mind, Komaeda-kun. I think we should visit our friends often too." Hajime said.

I know but I don't want to work...

"Hajime. Let's escape." I whispered to him but Nanami heard me. Her eyes glowed red. "I read that from a script."

"We're not going to water everything. Just half of them." Sonia said as she smiled.

Half? Well... I suppose that it's better than all.

"Seems good to me." Hajime said.

...

"Sure do hope that it wouldn't rain hard." I said as I water the flowers.

"That's impossible, Komaeda-kun. It's very hot and bright today!" Hajime said.

"You never know what's gonna happen." I say as I shifted to the next batch.

"Oh, Ko! Look, a lady bug." Hajime squatted down and motioned me to come. I turned my sprinkler off and squatted beside him.

Oh yeah, a ladybug. There's not much around here in the city.

A minute passed and the ladybug decided to fly away.

We smiled as we look at each other.

I immediately felt water sprinkling towards us and it was Nanami who is the cause of it.

"Work," she simply says as she walked away.

"Yes Ma'am." Hajime and I said.

We went back to work.

"Lady bugs are lucky. Maybe we can wish to the ladybug." Hajime said.

"That's ridiculous." I said as I chuckled.

"Well I don't have to wish to the ladybug since I already have everything I needed." Hajime said as he looked at me.

That was very cheesy but it made me blush.

"I'm going to leave since I don't want to be a third wheel." Nanami left. She was here?

--

"I'm sorry for this, Hinata-kun. I know you wanted to go somewhere." I said as I continued on my work. So does Hajime. "Maybe this is my bad luck."

"It's all good! Because you're with me, everything is enough." Hajime gave me the smile that I always love and adore.

"Friends! You've been working hard so here's some drinks." Sonia called us with some fresh squished orange juice. Hajime and I went there immediately.

We sat on the table with Nanami and Sonia.

"Wow, Sonia-san. This is so good!" Hajime complimented her.

"Thank you! I know 65 traditional ways to make orange juice." Sonia said.

"Hajime, don't fall for her." Chiaki said.

"All I'm saying is that this is better than grocery orange juice. Also, that's impressive, Sonia-San."

"My pleasure." Sonia set her cup down. "Oh! We have little left so let's do this!"

...

Even though Sonia has helpers around her, she still wanted to do gardening with us. I guess that is good.

Hajime is happily watering the flowers while I just escaped from my thoughts.

He sprayed me to bring me more back to reality.

"Hey!" I chuckled as I sprayed him.

He started to run away so I chase after him while trying my spray to reach him.

"Stop wasting water, guys!" Nanami scolded.

Moments later, we are all done. Hajime and I started to dry ourselves up. Thanks to Sonia giving us spare clothes before watering the plants.

"Bye!" Hajime and I waved at Sonia and Nanami.

"Bye." Nanami greeted.

"Farewell Hinata-kun and Komaeda-kun! Thank you for stopping by. You're welcome anytime!"

...

Hajime and I used our energy on gardening so we decided to go to the park and look up the sky. I gave Hajime my jacket so he could lie on there but he suggested for us both to share it. Took us a while to decide but at the end, I gave up. It was cloudy and it's nice. Hajime and I pictured out the clouds.

"It's a cat." Hajime pointed at the cloud and it does look like it.

"Oh, yeah." I replied.

I scanned the sky searching for a picture. I then noticed that the clouds are getting dark and gloomy.

It rained.

Hajime and I stood up and I placed my jacket on top of Hajime's head immediately.

I started looking for shelter. I was running but I noticed that somethings missing. It was Hajime. He stood there as he looked up the sky and closed his eyes. He turned to me and his smile grew wider. He outstretched his hand.

"Come with me, Ko!" Hajime called out.

He's such a beauty. He's perfect.

I hesited for a second and I don't know why. I won't leave him hanging so I slowly approach him.

Hajime held my hands as I held his waist.

We started slow dancing like before.

"We gotta leave before thunder comes." I told him.

"Yeah!"

...

We finally found a place for us to shelter. We stepped in the gas station and we were soaked wet. While the rain started to settle down, sun came.

"It's raining and the sun is shining! Do you know what that means, Ko?" Hajime looked at me with pure happiness and excitement.

"Rainbow?" I answered.

"Yes!" He beamed.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's look for it." I said as I offered my hand to Hajime. He took it.

We didn't even have to walk to see the rainbow. Once we stood up from the seats, we saw the rainbow immediately. It was a double rainbow. It's so beautiful.

Hajime and I hold hands as we look at the rainbow, mesmerized.

"You have a cute forehead." I told him.

"Pfft- what?" He laughed at what I said. "I love you too, Ko."

"It's a pretty double rainbow, isn't it, Shumai?"

We turned our heads to see Saihara and Ouma at the other side of the seat with grape juices in their hand.

"Mhm."