[X] - Alone

🍊

We should hang out at
the library, and then
feed the ducks!

Maybe go for some orange
juice.

I wanna get to know you
more, Komaeda-Kun. Since
you're my friend!

That message was a week ago. Komaeda was starting to like his company. He's ashamed that he has problems getting too attached. It's happening again. People he cared about being affected by his luck. He has to be selfish to win this.

He has to stop acknowledging reserve course students. He knows he's using him for his talent. Super Level Highschool Students are viewed as the greatest in society.

Regardless of talents, Hinata is the best person. Whenever the spiky-haired man looks at the cotton-candy-haired man, he can't help but remember how it's more special to have him. He sometimes forgot that he and all this talent stuff exists.

Hinata doesn't deserve a scum like him. All the people in the world have so much worth more than this mess of a person. Komaeda doesn't deserve to be called trash. Trash has values... he doesn't.

"Where's Komaeda-Kun?" Hinata asked Nanami.

Komaeda hasn't been participating in club activities these past few days. Hinata was starting to get worried.

Every day, he stares at the door, hoping to see a smiling, beautiful guy with messy white hair. His face always turns into a frown seeing that he's not with the ultimate gamer.

Though he was too shy to ask where Komaeda is, today is the right day.

"He's not answering my text messages either..." Hinata mumbled sadly.

"Finally, I thought you wouldn't ask about your boyfriend," the pinkette said, pausing her game. She looked up to Hinata, meeting his olive-green eyes.

"He's been having luck issues. He's still alive, don't worry."

Hinata smiled at her. He hid his still unrelieved expression.

"Do you miss him?" Nanami asked.

Hinata looked away with a smile. "Well... As a friend, yes."

Nanami scoffed in a low volume, going back to playing her game.

"Is Komaeda-senpai here today?" Naegi said as he wrote the attendance. "Is he okay?"

"He's not feeling good," Nanami answered.

"Fourth time in a week..." he mumbled.

Hinata looked at his feet as he walked to his home, deep in thoughts. He couldn't help but think about Komaeda a lot. He's been in his mind day and night. He couldn't get him to leave. He misses him. He worries a lot.

Hinata stopped walking, lifting his head. He looked at the peaceful park he and Komaeda used to hang out in. He imagined what they looked like feeding the ducks from afar. Feeding the ducks used to be Hinata's safe space. He didn't let anyone with him because there's no one. He wanted to ask Nanami, but he doubts that she'd pay attention nor feed the ducks at all.

Komaeda is the first person and probably the last he appreciates hanging with him.

He hopes that none of those people will disturb him again during his safe space. Ever since he and the ultimate gamer became friends, his life fell more apart.

Komaeda doesn't have a choice but to hang out with his old pals Souda and Kuzuryu. They spend most of their time harassing Souda's rival - Tanaka Gundam. The ultimate lucky student felt more excluded like always.

Everything reminds him of Hinata. It's like the universe begs him to go back to him. Though he knows that it's all in his head because he misses him.

He hates that specific reserve course student so much. He hates that he wants to see him badly. He hates that he wants to hold his hand again to make his cold hands warm. He hates everything about him. He hates this feeling of despair. He's just something more than hope.

Komaeda wonders if the brunette is happier. Maybe he and Nanami are delighted that he's not around. Who would be?

He doubts that he misses him. He bets that he probably forgot about him by now. This is the only time he hopes that he's not transparent in the eyes of someone lower than him. How ironic.

"Whoa, Komaeda. Why are you so down in the dumps?" Souda said, approaching his bummed friend.

Komaeda lifted his head. He watches as the ultimate mechanic sat beside him, placing an arm on his back.

"You don't have to worry about me, Souda-Kun. It's not new seeing me like this. I'm surprised that you acknowledge someone as disgusting as me!" Komaeda said.

Souda rolled his eyes. It's another one of Komaeda's antics. He wishes that he would think positively of himself. He's not the person who could help him change the way on how he views himself.But he thought of a way to make him feel better.

"Wait here," Souda said, standing up as he took something from the vending machine. It's not that far from the bench.

Komaeda's eyes followed him as he made his way there. Once he arrived, he looked in the other direction, hoping to get a certain someone out of his mind.

"Here ya go, buddy," Souda offered him.

Komaeda looked at his friend and his hand. He offered him an orange soda, which to their surprise, he slapped it away from the pinkette.

"Ow! What's your problem?" Souda asked, holding the injured hand. "You wasted a perfect orange juice!"

Just like how he wasted the perfect orange juice lover person.

"I'm so sorry, Souda-Kun. I'll pay you back," Komaeda said, searching his bag.

Souda frowned, picking up the soda and putting it beside the troubled person. He sat beside him. not making eye contact. Souda stopped being a therapist friend due to what happened, but Komaeda needs someone right now. Maybe if he spills it out, he would be a bit better. Perhaps not making eye contact would make the troubled boy a bit comfortable speaking about his problems.

"Is it about Nanami-San? Did something happened between you two?" Souda spoke.

Komaeda looked at him, looking away shortly after. "It's not that. We just don't have that much time together... again," he answered, not bother lying.

"Not much time. Do you mean that she hangs out with your future boyfriend often?"

The ultimate lucky student shook his head with a smile. He wants to change the subject due to him hating about thinking of him.

Komaeda walked home early from school since he doesn't attend the club anymore. His life went back to being a boring mess. He hated that life was interesting when that reserve course student was around.

He stopped by at the park he used to share a moment with the friend he used to have. His legs brought him here, but he didn't complain. His eyes widen at the horrifying scene lying in front of him.