[I] - Prologue

Komaeda's day just started not that long ago. It's been unlucky so far, but he can't wait to see what great luck is coming for him.

Today, he's walking in school with a broken arm.

"Good morning, Nagito," Nanami greeted in a tired tone while playing on her DS.

"Ah, good morning," Komaeda replied cheerfully.

"Good morning, dude!" Souda greeted her.

"Sorry. Still a girl," she replied.

They continued their conversation in the hallways. Eventually, Souda has to leave. What's weird is that they never noticed Komaeda's injuries. Welp, a normal day!

Komaeda still can't shake off the feeling that there are reserve course students here in Hopes Peak Academy. What are they gonna do here, flex their money?

As they were walking, a reserve course student passed by. It's bad enough that Komaeda was thinking about them, but seeing them made him more annoyed. He exhaled, disappointed.

"Hey, hey, Nagito. Do you wanna hang out with me after school?" Chiaki asked, her eyes still glued in the game.

"You're asking out a nobody like me?" Komaeda said with his signature self-deprecating but happy to be like that self.

She stopped walking and looked at him with her calm eyes. She tried to glare at him but failed.

"No, but I made a new friend. I'd like the three of us to hang out," she said.

Komaeda thought that it was interesting that Nanami met someone new. He wondered what their ultimate talent is so that he'd be all over them.

"Sure. But why would you ask a scum like me?"

"Nagito shut the fuck up. We've been friends since the beginning. You're not that," Nanami cursed. She started walking again after her mini outburst.

Komaeda followed her tracks, stopping once they reached the nurse's office. He noted to himself that he'd hang out with Nanami and her new friend after school. It's not like he has anything better to do or something to do. It's a nice escape out of Komaeda's house because he's always stuck in there. His only hope is that he doesn't get left out. It happens to him all the time but it probably won't matter for him as long as he gets to hang out with someone superior.

"See you," Nanami said, heading to their classroom.

Komaeda short debated whether he should go or not. In the end, he did. He slowly slid the door open and entered the room.

"Good morning, Tsumiki," he greeted.

"A-Ah! G-Good morning, K-Komaeda..." Tsumiki was startled by his presence, but she's always like this to everyone. Well... except for Mioda.

Tsumiki goes into the nurse's office early in the morning to help out. She volunteered hopefully to improve her social skills. She owns the office at this point.

"Oh my! What h-happened to y-you?" Tsumiki quickly approached the injured marshmallow and guided him to one of the beds.

"Just another unlucky morning, you know me," he casually said.

She started treating his wounds. Komaeda felt unease and dizzy. It's most likely from blood loss. He was clouded with his thoughts while Tsumiki treats his wounds. The door opened, interrupting them both and their attentions turning there.

He looked away. He felt like every minute of his life was taken away just by looking at that...boring plain reserve student. The student was wounded pretty badly.

His appearance is so generic that Komaeda doesn't even wanna describe it. Ew.

Tsumiki made a worried comment and quickly rushed towards him. Komaeda shrugged it off, knowing that his time of Tsumiki treating him is done. Just sitting made Komaeda regain his energy. He made his way back in the main course building and into his classroom.