Chapter 1

𝐻𝑖𝑦𝑎 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒,
𝐽𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑎𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑤𝑟𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒 𝑎𝑔𝑜 𝑠𝑜 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑎𝑠 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑠 𝑚𝑦 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠.

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING FOR THE WHOLE BOOK I WILL NOT PUT ONE ON ALL CHAPTERS THIS BOOK INCLUDES PHYSICAL ABUSE AND RAPE IF YOU CAN'T READ THAT STUFF PLEASE DON'T READ THIS BOOK ⚠️
________________________________

Betty's PoV
I was upstairs finishing my schoolwork when my mom called us down.
P-Elizabeth,Polly,Chick come down here we need to talk!
We all sat down in the dining room my mom filled all our teacups up with tea.
H-We all need to talk there is a family moving in next door tonight from the south side so we need to set some rules down.
1.Don't associate yourself with any of them if you do there will be consequences.
2.No relationships with them sexual or otherwise.
C-Polly.
He coughed as he said that to make it subtle but Polly stood on his foot to shut him up.
P-What was that?
C-Polly had sex with Chuck Clayton.
P-Polly Cooper!
My mom banged her hand on the table and hit Polly right across the face and then my dad did.Polly didn't care she never did so they just kept doing it until me and Chick managed to get them off of her.She wasn't even crying to be honest with the amount of times this has happened to each of us we've become numb.
B-Get off her!
My dad then slapped me I just sat down and pretend nothing happened like always.
B-Please all of us just sit down and finish this discussion.
H-Fine!
We all sat down I'm surprised he listened to me.
H-Number three if you tell any of them about our situation then there will be more consequences.Cover your bruises with anything.
C-Make sure you get those hickeys Polly.
I couldn't help but laugh but then I got that death stare.We then we're told to go back upstairs as my parents were going out to the opera so I did I decided I needed a shower.I got in and the warm water hit my body,the bruises,the cuts,the scars.I slid my back down the shower wall and started crying.Once I got out I got in my pyjamas everyone else was asleep when there was a knock at the door.