Chapter 5: Drunk Mistakes

March 3, 2019 - Still Day 3
9:59 pm

I've only been here for three days and it seems like so many things have happened already. I will officially claim this city as the most exhausting city on my list.

Joy slopped herself straight to her leather couch. She has been working on the numerous orders that she would have to deliver the next day. It's true that she is quite known on the online baking industry. If there's one thing that she can be proud of in her life, that would be her passion for baking.

Turning her head to the side, her eyes caught something on top of the coffee table.

Oh crap, I completely forgot to give the contract.

Joy let out a big sigh.

Should I contact him?

Joy looked at her wrist watch. It's was definitely late at night already.

Does he sleep early? Would it be unprofessional to contact him at this time? Aish. Maybe I should just apologize. I don't want to be seen as a scammer here. Only three days and I'd get kicked out? Come on self, maybe a week.

Joy even had the guts to mock herself. She took her phone and starting typing...

Sungjae? I'm sorry I totally forgot passing my contract to you today. It slipped my mind. I'll definitely give it tomorrow.
-Joy

Okay sent. My conscience is cleared.

Joy threw her phone at her side and started falling asleep.

———
Unbeknownst to Joy, Sungjae was awake. Well, awake and drunk. It was those usual nights that he would drown himself in alcohol after working all day. Alcohol was his escape from the pain of missing SoHyun. Changsub was still out working overtime and so he was not able to stop Sungjae from drinking.

*ting*

Sungjae's phone lit up with the text notification coming in. A bit dizzy, he absentmindedly opened his phone and read the text. He read the few words...

"Sungjae? I'm sorry.."

Without even thinking, or perhaps because of the alcohol making him completely not thinking well, he immediately dialed the phone number.

———
*ring ring*

Joy's eyes opened widely.

Who in the world would call me at this hour? My website clearly says office hours. Ugh.

To her surprise, it was Sungjae calling.

Oh freak.

"H-hello, S-sungjae?" Joy cursed silently in her head for stuttering.

"I missed you so much. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Where are you? Please! Please tell me where... you... are...right now..." Sungjae can be heard sobbing.

It was as if Joy's heart went on a summersault.

What did he just say? Why is he crying?

As much as she was way to confused, she was getting worried by the sound of Sungjae's voice. Yes, she barely knows him, but it doesn't take a decent human being to at the very least show some concern right?

"Are you okay? I am, umm, here in the 2nd floor of your apartment building remember? The corner unit?" Joy tried to speak as casual as she can.

"I'm... going... there. I'm going there, okay? Please wait for me.Thank you. I love you, SoH-"

Sungjae's call got cut. He sounded so desperate and in a rush.