Chapter 6: Butterflies

March 4, 2019- Still Day Four
10:57 am

Sungjae walked back to his unit with a smile plastered on his face. The whole situation was definitely embarrassing for him, but for some weird reason he actually was grateful that it happened.

I'm just making friends. What's wrong with that? I'm sure SoHyun would like her as well.

Arriving in his unit, Sungjae saw Changsub already packing his things.

"Looks like someone's finally going back home. No more period?" Sungjae joked.

"Yo, bro! Yeah, as much as I prefer taking care of your drunk ass than buying napkins for my sister, I'm pretty sure her hormones are okay now. So I'm going back to claim my bed. Get a sofa bed next time for me here, okay?" Changsub said as he gave Sungjae a headlock. They really treat each other as brothers and a day filled with bickering was just normal for them.

"Hold on, where have you been though? I almost slept at your bed last night. The temptation was real. Dude, if you plan to drink outside bring me with you. Want to talk it out over brunch?" As much as Changsub annoys Sungjae a lot, he will always be that caring hyung. He hates seeing Sungjae so lost. He's very close with SoHyun as well, but right now his priority is Sungjae.

"I, um... was at Joy's. I also ate breakfast with her already. Maybe next time, hyung. Don't worry, I actually feel okay now. I'll make it up to you, promise" Sungjae tried to speak calmly but his reddened face says the otherwise. It might sound weird to his hyung but he really can't lie well when it comes to him.

Changsub's eyes widened. But in a few seconds it squinted as he let out a hearty laugh. "Sungjae! You should have told me! I could have left here earlier to give you guys privacy! Oh man, you are on speed. Just make sure you're protected, okay? I mean... your heart" Changsub winked at Sungjae.

"What the freak, hyung! It's nothing li-like what you're  thi-thinking. I, you know, just got drunk and crashed her place. She was just too nice in taking care of me. Please, hyung. SoHyun wouldn't like that" Sungjae stuttered as he scratched the back of his neck.

Changsub set out a sigh.

When will this kid get over SoHyun?

"Alrighty, kiddo. I was just kidding. But hey, it's fine to have other friends, too. Plus Joy is a really nice lady. If it was someone else you probably would get left out cold in the street. Don't tell me you're drinking again tonight?" Changsub stared at Sungjae intensely as if it was a warning not to drink anymore.

"We're friends already, I think? Don't worry, hyung I won't drink tonight. I don't want to scare Joy anymore. I'll have coffee with her tomorrow. We're going out AS FRIENDS. The Cafe88 is a good spot right? You think she'll like it there? They have a lot of goodies there but since she bakes she might judge their items. Oh, hyung, I'll wear the polo you gave me on my birthday last time. That's fine, right? Wait, where did I put that though? I'll just find it. Wait, hyung!!" Sungjae just kept talking like that and left in a speed to his room to grab the outfit he was talking about.

Changsub grinned while shaking his head.

You sure sound too cautious for a friendly date, kid. I'm still hopeful that this is the start of something new. Joy, do your wonders. If you two don't work out... then I'll make it work somehow! It's been while since I saw Sungjae's face light up like that. This kid is just so dense. Aish.

Changsub laughed at his own thoughts.

"Hey, kid! Whatever you wear is fine! I'll get going! I have to rush to a meeting! Update me! Bye!" Changsub shouted as he rushed to the door. He chuckled knowing that Sungjae will definitely panic.