Chapter 11: Confessions

August 25, 2019 - Day One Hundred and Seventy Seven
8:16 pm

It has been many months since Joy had moved to Jeju. Slowly, she has been opening up to the idea that Jeju can be that place she can finally call her home. Well, why wouldn't it be?

Mrs. Yook, of course, became her regular cooking buddy after their successful tandem during Sungjae's birthday. Once a week, they would meet up to try new recipes. Grocery shopping was now a fun activity for Joy as she doesn't have to do it alone anymore.

She has grown closer to Sungjae's hyungs, too, as she helped them strategize in Sungjae's fast growing business. They have taken her out to various road and food trips in return. She loved how each of their personalities are so different but they seem to blend well, especially when trying to make her laugh.

Her own business also seems to take off well. Being friends with probably the loudest people in the world, the news about a baker who does customized cakes and other pastries spread across town quickly, causing her orders to significantly increase. She was welcomed warmly by the community and supported her baking.

And of course... Sungjae. They have grown so much closer now that people actually think that they are a couple. Even Mrs. Yook insists on calling her daughter already. Joy can't exactly say where they are now in their relationship, though. Sungjae would do the most heart fluttering moves on her, but at the same time he would tease her just like a younger sister. She can't deny the fact that she likes him, but she doesn't know if he feels the same. It was always a push-pull kind of thing.

Joy and Sungjae were now placing finishing touches to Joy's unit. The furniture was re-arranged, a new carpet was laid out, and even the curtains were changed into green- Joy's favorite color.

"Ahh! I'm so tired! That's all, right? I mean look at this place! It looks like it came straight from a magazine" Sungjae proudly looked at their hard work as he rested on the couch.

"Hmm, just one last thing, Oppa" Joy took out picture frames and carefully placed them on top of a low side cabinet. She was smiling from ear to ear just looking at the pictures she has taken with the people that welcomed her. This was a perfect finale to the decorations in her unit. Sungjae actually has been convincing her to redecorate her unit to give it a sense of ownership, a sense of home to Joy. With her walls finally down, she finally agreed.

And this is what it feels like... home.

Joy's sentiments were disrupted when Sungjae wrapped her waist tightly from the back with his strong pair of arms. He swayed their bodies gently.

"Recharge" Sungjae whispered. His warm breath hits Joy's neck making her feel goosebumps.

Sungjae picked up one photo while still staying in their position- it was a photo of him and Joy with drawings on their faces after they each lost a round in a card game. A smile automatically grew on his face.

"Where's my recharge, Sooyoung-ah? You made me move so many things today! My poor back hurts already" Sungjae suddenly whined. He was really up for skinships lately.

Joy chuckled. She knows Sungjae is already pouting even without looking at him. She finally turned around to meet Sungjae face to face. In a swift motion and without warning, she landed a soft kiss on Sungjae's cheek. "Recharge, Oppa" followed by her killer eye smile.

Sungjae obviously did not expect that. He was too stunned to move. When he slightly recovered, he wasn't even able to say a word as Joy tightly hugged him again, resting her head on his chest.

"Oppa, thank you for everything" Joy sounded like she was about to cry. She was just so happy right now that her heart was overflowing with emotions.