Chapter 10: Picture Perfect

May 2, 2019

10:45 am

Joy carefully brought Sungjae's birthday cake to the Yook's main unit right after Sungjae texted her that he already left for the airport to pick up his hyungs. It took her a good 5 hours to finish baking, probably the longest she has ever endured... but the outcome also made her the happiest.

"Oh, our dear Joy!" Mrs. Yook greeted her with a bright smile. She was about to hug Joy but the gigantic box containing the cake was prohibiting her to do so. "My, oh my! Did my son request this? You must have had a hard time. This must cost a price" Mrs. Yook tilted her head curiously to Joy.

"Please don't worry about that, Mrs. Yook. This is my present for Sungjae. I had to make it big so there will be enough for everyone. I heard his hyungs have a huge appetite" Joy chuckled as she took out the cake from the box and placed it on the table. It was a perfect center piece. Mrs. Yook has already decorated the place with balloons and banners. One would probably think that this was a kid's birthday party.

I'm sure Sungjae requested this, though. What a baby. Joy thought to herself while holding her laugh.

"Would you like me to help you cook the rest of the dishes, Mrs. Yook? I-I know I'm mostly a baker but I can cook dishes as well" Joy nervously asked while trying to force a smile. She didn't have anything else to do, anyways. Besides, Joy was actually comfortable with Mrs. Yook. She could only count the number of times that she had been with her- mostly during lunch time when she and Sungjae couldn't go out- but Mrs. Yook had always treated her with such kindness and sincerity.

"Why of course, Joy! Come now, dear. I'll teach you the secret to all of Sungjae's favorite dishes. Someone has to do it in the future when I'm too old already, right?" Mrs. Yook playfully said with a smile. She has been secretly wishing for Joy and Sungjae to be together, but she'll let the universe work for them for now.

Joy obediently followed... while blushing, of course.

———

Chaotic was probably the fitting term to describe the car holding Sungjae and his hyungs- Eunkwang, Minhyuk, Hyunsik, Peniel and Ilhoon. There was no quiet time at all the moment the hyungs had stepped out of the airport. They were on their way to pick up Changsub before finally settling to the Yook's unit.

"WAAAA!!! HELLO, JEJU!!!! I MISSED YOU!!!" Ilhoon shouted after pulling down the car window. The fresh air hitting his face was a sharp contrast from the polluted air in Seoul.

Hyunsik was playing guitar, as he seemed to be already inspired upon arriving in Jeju. He often sidelined at night to relieve him from the stress of office work.

Peniel and Minhyuk were trying to outdo each other in a mobile game as the loser would have to be in-charged of bringing down all the luggages. These two were the most physically fit among the others, thanks to their gym hobby.

Eunkwang was asking Sungjae non-stop on what possible games they can play later as he was the emcee. Knowing that Mrs. Yook would be around, they couldn't do their full-chaotic games later for sure.

"Ya, hyung! I told you already... just the usual games of normal people plus karaoke. Geez. You're going to scare Sooyoung" Sungjae hissed. Everybody was too loud and he's just trying to focus on driving. His casual response caught the attention of everyone, though.

"What did he say?" Asked Ilhoon.

"Sooyoung?" Peniel recalled.

"Huh, who's Sooyoung?" Hyunsik suddenly stopped strumming his guitar.

Way Back HomeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara