Chapter 8: Comfortable

March 13, 2019- Day Thirteen
7:45 am

Joy woke up much later than her usual routine. Aside from finishing all her baking orders, entertaining the two boys definitely exhausted her yesterday.

After a few more minutes of arguing with herself on whether to get up already or not, she finally stood up and went straight to the kitchen for a cup of coffee and avocado toast. As much as she admittedly enjoyed having company recently, her "me time" is still her favorite.

Joy knew she would have to meet Sungjae today because they failed to discuss their real agenda yesterday.

So much for baking, huh?

As usual, she doesn't know yet the time and place of their meeting. She was about to text Sungjae when her phone got a notification.

From: Sungjae
Good morning, Master Joy! Can we meet at lunch time? There's this really nice chicken place that I'm sure will satisfy your tummy. Consider this as partial payment to the amount of cupcakes I ate yesterday.

P.S. I am NOT over those cupcakes. I could eat them my whole life. T__T

Joy rolled her eyes after reading Sungjae's text. She herself still couldn't believe how Sungjae ate so many cupcakes in one go. She made a mental note to probably not invite him again next time on her baking session as she'll probably end up not having enough to sell.

To: Sungjae
I hope the chicken place is indeed good. Your report should also be good. I will not be forgiving at all since you ate way too many of my cupcakes! Haha I'll see you, student.

———-
Sungjae was right. This has got to be the best chicken place Joy has ever been too. Well, not that she has been to many chicken places before. It's just that there were so many flavors you can choose from plus unlimited drinks! She couldn't care less on how she was eating right now in front of Sungjae. She was just enjoying the food.

Sungjae, on the other hand, was once again amused with the lady in front of him. Usually girls would try to act ladylike when eating with guys, but Joy was different. Her cheeks would puff so much with the amount of food she puts in her mouth at a time.

You are the complete opposite of SoHyun.

"Cute" Sungjae couldn't help but say it.

"What?" Joy looked at him while still holding a chicken drumstick to her mouth.

"Nothing. You eat so well. I love chicken, too. I guess I brought you to the right place" Sungjae proudly said, while also devouring some chicken for himself.

Joy didn't even bother to respond. She just let out her killer eye smile and went back to eating the chicken in front of her.

It only took half an hour before Joy and Sungjae finished all their orders. Even the restaurant owner was surprised at their act that he offered them discount coupons for the next time... much to Joy's delight. Her eyes were twinkling and she smiled like an innocent child who just received a Christmas present.

"You know, your name really suits you, Joy" Sungjae suddenly commented after observing Joy. The more time he spent with Joy, the more he appreciated her joyful aura... something that he hadn't seen since SoHyun left.

"My favorite nun at the orphanage gave me the nickname. She said she wanted me to be joyful always" Joy recalled.

Mother Mila. I miss you. I wish you were still around.