RUNNING Out of Time

The Phoenix pack, with Aphmau:

Balto was on the couch watching tv, still clearly drunk. The smell of alcohol stung through the house. Aphmau had finished cleaning and putting away the dishes, taking her time so she would have an excuse to not be around Balto, and he would have an excuse to not bother her. She was just about ready to go upstairs to sleep when someone suddenly grasped her wrist. She jumped, trying to pry herself away. However, she was not a fighter. Not by a long shot. Her fighting abilities or lack there of weren't something to rely on. She was carried only by a rush of adrenaline.

She looked towards the couch to see where Balto was, and the realization finally hit. This was no mere stranger, but the disgusting man she shared a home with. She couldn't help but blame herself for not paying attention to him, even though it wasn't her fault that he so silently got up. She still frantically tried to get away from the drunken bastard.

"Aphmau darling~..." Balto slurred through his miscellaneous wording. She knew what he wanted. She'd allowed myself to take beatings verbally and physically, she was determined not let him take what little innocence she felt she had left.

"Balto! Let me go!" She shook her arms violently, trying to force him to loosen his grip so she could slip away. He took offense to this and threw her down onto the floor using a painful amount of force.

Aphmau yelped out loud, quickly recovering, getting up, taking this small chance she  had to get away from him. She ran up the stairs and hid in the bathroom closet, where she had recently hidden a bag of her important belongings and clothes, just in case she needed them, and it appeared that she might've needed them now.

She heard his heavy footsteps thump slowly up the stairs, the floorboards creaking with every step.

"Oh Aphmau...come out, come out wherever you are~" Balto sang, his deep voice ringing throughout the house. Aphmau was sweating and shaking, covering her mouth in hopes that he wouldn't find her. Her breathing hitched in her throat when he reached the bathroom. He walked inside, checking behind the curtain or the shower and the cabinet under the sink.

Aphmau's heart sank when he stopped in front of the closet.

She was fairly small so she hid on the very bottom shelf, with a towel covering her so that hopefully he couldn't see her.

The closet door swung open and a moment of silence followed. All she could here was the sound of her heart.

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

Ba-dum

About a minute of silence later, he left the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. Aphmau let out the air she was subconsciously holding in. A tear rolled down her cheek as she broke down on the bathroom floor. She locked the door as quietly as she could, making sure Balto couldn't hear it.

She covered her mouth, curling up into a ball and letting the crocodile tears run loose down her face. She couldn't stop. The salty water from her eyes just kept coming. If she kept crying the room would surely fill up with water.

After a while, Aphmau heard his footsteps thud back down the stairs. Now is my chance, I have to go RIGHT. NOW! She thought, looking towards the window and shoving it open. Before leaving, she slung her bag over her shoulder and hopped onto the roof. The first challenge of escaping is getting down from the second floor.

———————————————————

The Falconclaw pack, with Aaron:

While laying in his bed, Aaron took notice of his luna's heartbeat quickening. It felt faster than last time, or rather more intense. The young pack leader stood up, throwing on a shirt and some slippers. He planned on going down to the kitchen to get a snack, maybe that would calm my nerves.

He crept quietly through the halls and into the kitchen, hoping nobody woke up because of him.

God damn it. Why didn't they just put my room closer to the kitchen and not all the way on the OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE HOUSE!

Aaron pouted and looked for some type of snack like gummies or something. He luckily found an untouched box of Fruit by the Foots and grabbed one. Not noticing travis, who was also in the kitchen for a midnight snack.

"Aaron? What are you doing up?" Travis croaked groggily, rubbing tears away from his eyes after yawning.

Aaron jumped back and hit the counter, groaning in pain at the sudden impact against his back. "Holy shit Travis, you scared me!" He whisper-screamed, still trying not to wake the others.

"You didn't answer my question," Travis noted, waiting for Aaron's answer. Aaron didn't like to lie, but he could tell his friends we're starting to get tired of his rambling doubts. Travis always had good advice though.

"Sorry, it's just my luna. Her heartbeat keeps-"

"Keeps speeding up. Yeah yeah, I know. Doesn't this happen a lot though? Like, aren't you used to it?" Travis said, cutting him off. Aaron reacted to Travis's response with sadness, his ears and tail drooping.

"Yeah, but I'm worried about her! What if shes in trouble at home? What if her pack is hurting her! What if-" The worried werewolf rumbled on. Travis put his hand on his mouth, which only made him more upset.

"Jesus christ Aaron, deep breaths!" Travis whispered, demonstratinga deep breath and letting Aaron copy. "Look dude, we won't know until we find her, and that might take awhile, but getting super worked up about it can't be good for your health. Now take the fruit roll-ups and go back to you room. God damn." Travis shoved the box into his friend's arms and pushed him in the direction of his room.

"Right, sorry for bothering you Travis." Aaron looked down to the floor, ears pinned to his head in defeat.

"You aren't bothering me, just being an overthinker." Travis laughed quietly. They both went their seprate ways, departing to respond to the call of slumber once more.

I have a patrol early in the morning..better get some sleep. Aaron sighed deeply, walking into his room and shoving the fruit by the foots under his bed, slowly being engulfed by the darkness and comfort of sleep.

———————————————————

How was that? Editing is going smoothly as of right now but it'll take some time.

See ya guys next time!

Mangle away :,)