Out with a Bang

The Falconclaw Pack, with Aaron and Aphmau:

Aphmau woke up tangled in Aaron's arms. She grunted when the kicks of the babies struck.

It had been 2 years since everything happened. She thought of her time after the escape as the best and worst 2 years of her life. She had been kidnapped, beaten, almost hurt in an even more unforgettable way, but it all led up to this.

She was in her lovers arms, happily married for almost a year and 7 months pregnant with twins. So many things happened. Not only had she found love, but KC and Katelyn have gotten married as well. Zane was a lovely father to their little girl, which was surprising because he's such a grinch when he wants to be. Katelyn and Travis make a wonderful couple, they aren't planning on having children though.

Everyone in the pack, including the higher ranks, had their own houses now. It was simply more peaceful around the pack.

One of the more suprising events that took place was Garroth and Laurance's coming out party, where the pack learned that they were in a happy relationship with eachother. They were thinking about adopting a kid after they got married.

Aphmau was awoken from her thoughts by an unexpected but soft peck on her forehead.

"Morning Babe." Aaron snaked his arms back around his darling wife and they made way to her stomach, placing his palms down to feel if there was any kicking. He was terrified for the babies because of the fact that there was a chance they would take on his ultima genes, but alas, they two loved the thought of forming their own little family aside from the pack.

"Morning Aaron." He didn't take long to capture her in a long hug, pulling her close to his chest and smothering her with soft kisses. "I love you, my beautiful sunbeam." Aphmau knew that she was not the sunbeam, but Aaron was. His warmth radiated from his smile, his loving embrace, and from every single part of him. He was her ray of sunshine. She was encapsulated by everything about him.

"I love you so much." That was all she could bring herself to mutter. They spent a few more minutes laying together before Aphmau pried herself away to get ready for breakfast. She took a shower, changed into a pair of black sweatpants and a pink crop top, and put her hair in a ponytail. She traveled down the hall, the intoxicating smell of eggs and bacon filling her nose.

"Smells delicious babe!" Aphmau grinned, sitting down to eat.

A few minutes passed and the two of them chattered quietly as they ate. While they were eating, Blaze, Dottie, and Daniel ran into the house, all sweating and panting.

"AARON! THE PHEONIX PACK IS ATTACKING! BALTO IS STILL ALIVE!" That was it. The peace was over. Aphmau's heart stopped. Everything went slow motion and all she could hear was her ever-increasing heart speed. Aaron's eyes grew wide with panic as he look towards his distraught wife. He didn't know if he would see her again.

"Get Aphmau to safety and hide, Blaze, gather the troops."

"Aaron no, no way. You can't be serious!"

"Aphmau, I HAVE to protect the pack, I have to protect you!" Aphmau stood apprehensively as Dottie and Daniel approached her. She wasn't done. She was angry. She never got her closure. She didn't want Aaron to die.

"You CAN'T die! Our children! They'll grow up without a father! Please don't go!" Her mind was in a frenzy. Her friends and husband were watching her slowly crumble and break as she begged. "Please don't...please don't leave me..." Aphmau sobbed.  She already knew his resolve. She knew what she had to do. She had to come to her senses.
"You have to promise you'll come back."

"I'm so sorry, My Darling. I have to go. I'll see you soon. I promise I'll be back." They had one last embrace before he left, unknowingly walking to despair.

About 20 minutes of Aphmau, Daniel, and Dottie sotting in a closet went by. It was in one of the guest room in the house since Aphmau and Aaron's room would most definitely be the first room checked. They spent the time trying to calm eachother down.

That all changed when the trio heard the sound of a window shattering and two simultaneous gunshots in the dining room. The sudden feeling of pure dread left Aphmau with a knowing fear that Aaron was on the receiving end of the noise.

"Aaron..." Aphmau whispered dreadfully. She had to check. Without warning, she stood up and unlocked the closet door. She took off, sprinting down the hall to the dining room. The first thing her eyes landed on upon entering the room was the man of her nightmares with a fatal bullet wound in his head. The second thing she saw was the love of her life with a hole in his stomach.

"AARON!" She screamed. She practically threw herself next to him, lifting his head and carefully placing it on her lap. "Please...please...please don't die...I can't leave you alone to get help, Dottie and Daniel will thought. You're going to be fine. "

Wolves of the Falconclaw Pack flooded the scene and Zoey ran through, grabbing her medkit and beginning her work. She had to stop the bloodshed before she had him taken to the first-aid room. Aphmau Stayed with him, holding his hand and whispering about things that she knew would comfort him if he heard her.

Zoey yelled for the young of the pack to clear the room and strong and able bodies to pick him up so he could be taken to the first-aid room. Everyone did their parts for his recovery. Aphmau waited outside of the room as the pack doctors preformed a surgery to get the bullet out of him and stitch him up.

She waited and waited for hours until Zoey came out of the room, the other surgeons left the two of them alone.

"Aphmau...."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"He's just waking up and is on pain killers. Go see him" Aphmau took no time at all to enter the room and sit next to him. Aaron grabbed her hand, giving it a soft kiss and moving his other hand to Aphmau's pregnant tummy.

"What should we name them?" He grinned. Aphmau confronted him with a frown.

"We should be talking about how you almost died! Not our babies names! You know, marriages work in teams. I'm frustrated that you ran off to fight so fast without a second thought." The wife was incredibly upset. The hadn't gotten a chance to communicate properly at all and she knew if wasn't completely his fault since he was the pack leader but the action still hurt her. He returned her talk with sympathy.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to talk. Everything happened so fast and I was thinking about the issue without a second thought.

"Thank you for apologizing. Let's decide things together next time, okay?"

"Okay, I promise."

———————————————————

"You guys really went through all of that?" 16 year old Alina asked in the living room after their mother, Aphmau spent the evening telling them the story of how they met. They weren't quite ready to hesr such topics when they were younger so they finally got the whole story.

"That sounds fake! You had too much bad luck for that story to be true." Lilith protested.

"Your mom and I were just very good at getting shot." Aaron stated casually as he walked through the door without warning.

"DAD!" The teens jumped up from the couch and tackled him in a hug.

"Hey kiddos!" He walked over to his wife, pecking her on the lips and forehead with kisses. "Hello my dear."

It was a full moon tonight so they had to go cry with the wolves.

———————————————————

Maybe the ending sucked but I'm happy that this is over.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the book and the fanbase and I'm very proud of it but im afraid I would've messed it up had I kept going with the story.

Thank you all for joining me on this little journey and be ready for the first 3 parts of my next book tomorrow!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed!

Until next update~