Explaining her past

The Falconclaw Territory, with the whole group:

Katelyn looked up at the injured woman, who looked to her legs in shame.

"Aphmau...did he-" Katelyn was cut off by Aphmau and she began speaking. They paid close attention to her story in order to not miss anything.

"We grew up together. He used to be so kind. When he grew into control, there was a switch. I don't know what happened. He started getting drunk a lot, smoked a lot, and...well...the bruises explain themselves. Yesterday, he was upset because you wanted to take over our territory. I tried to calm him down..but.." Aphmau's voice started to crumble until she couldn't speak anymore. She covered her mouth as an attempt to smother her pain. Aaron's heart broke for her. He couldn't figure out what she did to deserve the treatment she received.

"Sorry um..." Aphmau wiped her eyes and began explaining again. "I was stupid and didn't pay attention to where he was at the moment. He came up behind me and tried to hurt me. So I ran and hid. I had packed an escape bag prior to yesterday so that I could finally get away, and that obviously came in handy." She chuckled and looked at her bag, then at the chipmunk that sat beside her.

"So where did the chipmunk come into the story?" Travis questioned. Everyone wanted to know but couldn't find the nerve to ask.

Aphmau sent a warm grin to her chipmunk companion, to which he replied with a squeak. "When I escaped out from the bathroom window, I was exhausted, so I passed out. Once I woke up, him and some other little critters were laying on me. After my pack member called me out for being on the wall, I had to start running. All of the other little critters ran away but he just invited himself on into my life." Aphmau couldn't help but smile. The little fellow had kept her company in her time of fear.

She had seemed to let down her guard after talking about the chipmunk so Aaron took the chance to ask.

"Aphmau, since you probably don't have anywhere to goas of right now, would you like to come to our pack? I have a lot of things I need to talk about with you, and we need to get your bruises checked out."

She looked hesitant, but then looked towards her fluffy little friend and replied.
"Okay... but if you try to do some sketchy stuff, I will run and disappear. You won't ever hear from me or see me again." Deep down, they knew it was true. She was clearly cautious about everything and wouldn't stand for mistreatment.

"Deal. Do you need help getting down from there?" Aaron asked, ready to make way for the tree.

"No." She replied, the chipmunk climbed down the tree, waiting for her at the bottom.

Aaron, as well as everyone else in the clearing, thought Aphmau was gonna climb down after the chipmunk, but after slinging her bag over her shoulder, she full force hopped off and landed in a crouch, still on her feet. She stood up and brushed off her shit nonchalantly.

"Have you been practicing that?" Travis spat, astonished by the height she jumped from.

"What, can't handle a little fall?" She grinned. Travis looked to Aaron, as did everyone else.

"I think this match is perfect!" Travis exclaimed with wide eyes. Aphmau was dumbfounded.

"Huh?"

—————————————-—————

Aphmau's Pov:

I was so confused. Why was I even following them? I don't know these people! This is a bad idea...I need to run.

I was behind all of them so they wouldn't see me run. But why do I feel so attached to these people? Especially that Aaron guy...is he looking at me? Why is he looking at me like that..? What is that look? God he's hot- woah HOLD ON! I need to stop!

"Welp, we're here." Aaron said, snapping me out of my thoughts. We were at the gates of a HUGE village. How does he manage this whole thing?

*

Aphmau's eyes sparkled with wonder and curiosity. She had never seen such a big village. As soon as she stepped through the gates, she felt self-conscious. It's not like she was unbathed or gross, her hair was up too so it was barely messy from passing out, people just stressed her out.

She was wearing brown shorts and a white, short sleeved shirt, plus her dirty and messed up but still functional bag. Her bruises showing in almost every place she was bruised.

Aaron could tell she was uncomfortable so he, being a lot bigger than her, gave her his sweatshirt. He thought it was cute on her. She got flustered easily, so she hid her face within the sleeves of his hoodie. Garroth, Katelyn, and the others could see how genuinely accomplished Aaron was. They just wanted to see their friend happy.

When they got to the pack house, she looked around in awe. Katelyn, Travis, and Dottie rushed into the kitchen, probably looking for Nana so they could tell her about what happened. Garroth went off to finish his duties. Aaron turned to her.

"Aphmau, come with me. I wanna talk to you about some things. The house is big so stay near me, then nobody will question why you're here." Aaron smiled and Aphmau hesitantly nodded. She was still looking around at everything. Jeff emerged through the doorway, following the pair.

After about 5 minutes, they reached Aaron's office. He closed the door after they were both in the room, then he pulled out the chair for her before sitting down.

"Aphmau, I'm sure this is all new to you, before we talk about some things, do you have any questions?" Aaron asked.

"Actually yeah..uh, just one. Why did you follow me?"

———————————————————

Thats all for this update my lovely readers!

Until next update~