Chapter 2

After the series of events that entered Xiao Bai's mind, he finally woke up only to find himself in a familiar yet unfamiliar room.

"Seems like I'm in his room..No it should be my room now."

He looked around and found a full body-lengthed mirror just beside the bed and decided to take a look at his appearance, since he really didn't clearly saw it on the original owner's memories.

He stood infront of the mirror for a moment then stared at his new face. Then he smiled with satisfaction.

Xiao Bai couldn't help but think, Not bad for a 15 year old boy.

This body was 30℅ of Xiao Bai's features while the remaining 70% is even more outstanding and could even be compared to top models and handsome actors in Xiao Bai's world.

With a pair of peach eyes that seemed to be pitiful yet accompanied by a deep color of pure darkness, a pair of eyebrows that maximizes the beauty of his eyes, a perfect arc of the nose, and a full yet not too pouty plum lips.

One could say that he obtained such an androgynous beauty.

Also add the fact that this young man's body cannot be compared to those of the same age, his body was fit and had muscles just enough for a healthy body, not too thin and not too ripped.

While getting busy analyzing his appearance, someone knocked on his room that made him snap back to reality.

He hesitated to answer due to the fact that the other person might realize that he was not the original Xiao Bai anymore.

Xiao Ling with a low voice called out, " A-bai, can you please let me talk to you. I know you're upset and confused so-...."

Before Xiao Ling, Xiao Bai's adopted mom, could finish her sentence, the door suddenly opened and revealed the youth who was gently smiling at her. Xiao Bai opened the door wider for Xiao Ling to enter his room.

Xiao Ling sat on a chair at the end of the bed while Xiao Bai sat on the edge of his bed. No one talked first and the air became denser.

Xiao Bai lowered his head trying to remember how to act like the original, which took him some time that made it look like he was angry about the whole thing.

Xiao Bai shot his head towards his mom and decided to just act like himself and just reason that he changed because of his trauma. Yeah, sounds like a plan.

Xiao Ling, " Xiao Bai, please listen to mother first."

Xiao Bai gently smiled and said with a soft and caring voice, "Mom, I'm not mad and I forgive you. Whatever happened I'm sure that there is an important reason behind that. Besides, you're still the one who raised me so basically you are still my mother. So lets stop the drama, okay?"

Xiao Ling also stared at him and couldn't believe how this boy could say such mature words but after she saw the gentle and sincere smile plastered on the youth's face, all the uneasiness, doubts and guilt gradually dispersed.

"Such a silly child", Xiao Ling stood up and sat beside Xiao Bai then ruffled his hair affectionately which startled Xiao Bai.

It opened all his past wounds. He ridiculed himself in his heart for thinking that he already moved on from the death of his parents. At the thought of his deceased mother, unciously he cried silently.

He wanted to feel a mother's warmth which he only experienced for a short amount of time. And involuntarily he embraced Xiao Ling and cried even harder.

Xiao Ling pat his head and said affectionately, "Look at this big baby, acting all tough a while ago and now weeping like a child".

Xiao Bai, " Mom, I want to know the truth about who I really am. Please tell me".