Chapter 8

The auctioned items was now down to the last three.

The idle nobles on the second floor was now participating with full attention.

Xiao bai also looked for to the items and focused on the stage. Another girl with a beautiful face and sexy body delivered the 1st item on the last three.

The announcer took off the cover and appeared a very fine double-edged sword, "We are now down to our last three and the first on our list is this powerful double-edged sword. This sword in the only one in the world. Everyone might not know but this is the last work of a famous artisan. Yes that artisan, the legendary Ling ShiQuan."

And there came an uproar all of a sudden.

"Ling ShiQuan?", Xiao Bai thought for a long time, thinking that he might've heard this name a while ago.

"My past master." Ming Xue calmly said. On the other side Ruo Lan was also speechless but soon calmed down when he looked at the sword.

"This is your master's work. Should we bid on it?" Xiao Bai suggested having known that ancient people always have a deep and strong bound towards their master.

"It's fine, this was just a low grade sword. Looking at it now, I do remember that there was someone who broke in Master's crafting room and took the sword that he was currently forging. This was a defective product. Apprently, Master never sells his works so even this defective product was a one of a kind." Ming Xue explained.

Xiao bai nodded at his explanation. Indeed, his uncle Zhao once mentioned that Ling ShiQuan is very skilled when forging weapons, however his works that appears in the public were very limited. 

This sword even though it was considered to be 'defective' still has that aura into it.

The bidding started and numerous rich people we're fighting against it. Among the many people who started off, only two young lords remained.

One of them was arrogant and proud while the other was silent and seems to be calculative.

"Those two are pretty intense." Xiao Bai commented out of habit.

"Those two are the young masters of Lou clan and Yuan clan. The two clans have always been in each other's throat when the Emperor ellected the heads of each family as ministers.

And was always on an equal footing so they would always be on a showdown.", Ming xue said.

Xiao Bai nodded once again, "Who's the one in red robe and the one with white?"

Ming xue, "The one in red was the Lou clan's young master, Lou ZiYan. While the other one is Yuan clan's young master, Yuan XiangXin."

"Eh.. This Lou Ziyan seems to be arrogant and prideful but looks like an idiot. While this Yuan XiangXin seems to be very calculative and looks like a schemer." Xiao Bai commented without thinking once again.

The nearby table heard him but didn't dare to tell something.

Lou Ziyan and Yuan XiangXin are very deadly when provoked but since the young master in blue didn't even care, it looks like he also have a powerful backer.

The bidding rised and rised, again and again, and made Xiao Bai's head spin. So he just decided to go out instead and buy something for Xiao Ling.

XuWei saw that the two had retreated but he still had to collect the night pearls, so he left Ruo Lan to wait until the auction finishes and get the night pearls then return to the inn first.