Chapter 9

The sun is gently hanging above, illuminating the earth below with a hazy yellow light. The young man stretched his limbs, appearing like he just woke up. He walked towards the window and peeked through the curtains.

Springs is finally here!

A knock sounded from outside and Ming Xue's came after, "Young master,

General Zhao sent me to inform you that we'll be leaving in an hour. I have some servants with me to help you pack."

Xiao Bai turned around and opened the door, "Ming xue, good morning. I'm just about to take a shower." He said and opened the door wider to let them in, "I'll leave the packing to you." And he walked away to take a refreshing bath.

30 minutes later, Xiao Bai came out his body was already dry and he was already wearing his undergarments in advance, his hair was covered in a towel. In normal days, he prefer to dress himself, but today was an important day and he couldn't let other people have a bad impression towards him.

So he let his uncle buy him a new set of robe and also made the servants fix his hair for him.

Xiao Bai paced towards his bed, the new clothe his uncle promised him was laid on top of it. The robe he expected is completely different from what he is seeing right now.

He expected it to be more showey and eye-catching but this one excludes a gentleman breeze, he liked it very much. The servants immediately helped him wear his robes and all he needed to do is stand there and spread his arms.

It was a three layer robe. The first layer was a rose pink robe, the second was a baby pink colored fabric and the last was an pure white with stitched peach blossoms in full bloom.

The peach blossoms was much more hilighted by his jade and golden belt, he also wore a pair of white boots to compliment the overall image. He was like a flower that bloomed brilliantly after surviving a harsh winter, he was like spring itself.

Just looking at him, one could tell that smells just like those peach blossoms, very intoxicating, very beautiful.

Xiao bai gracefully went towards the chair in front of his mirror and three female maids went over to help him thoroughly dry his hair then started to fix the long and jet-black hair.

They started by combing it gently, afraid that rough actions might damage it. It was honestly smooth like silk, and even sparkling under faint light, the girls inside felt envy but most of all awe.

Their young master is generally much more beautiful than any other young ladies out there ba!

From time to time, the female servants would tease him and he would also tease them back, chuckles and giggles are literally everywhere except for ming xue who was silently watching from the side, continuing packing and rechecking everything.

He had recently grew fond of this younger one and couldn't help but be motherly towards him, he felt that Xiao Bai, even though he could be serious and ruthless sometimes, he's childish and naive side was more dominant, making him want to protect him more than just being a guard.