Chapter 26

Continuation....

"For our last performer let's call master wang Bai!" Teacher xin called out. Immediately the president zhineng and yang lianhua cheered for him which earned a gossiping look from the crowd. President Zhou's smile stiffened at their reactions but yang lianhua as outgoing as she is didn't care even a bit and even shouted her good luck to Xiao Bai.

Ah must be good to be like hua-jie, Xiao Bai thought with an awkward smile on his face.

When he reached the pavilion he sat in a lotus position and placed his guqin in front of him. The guqin he brought with him was a very exquisite wood, with lotus carved into the sides and the center.

As if nature was Xiao bai's supporter, it sent gentle breezes that lightly carried the lotus closer to him and also revealing the koi fishes where the lotuses parted. The breeze also swayed his flowing hair giving more majestic effect. At this point the audience won't be surprised if he was an immortal who descended in the mundane world to at least let them witness such an otherworldly beauty.

They couldn't help but hold their breathes. It was like they were inside a fantasy or rather in a dream. The feeling was very fleeting. XuWei was only staring at him not daring to miss any second of it. He knew it, Xiao Bai will always shine once given a chance.

Xiao Bai took a deep breathe to calm his nerves. He plucked a few chords to test it, finally closing his eyes to find the right feeling.

The song he chose to play was 'Xianyun' [1]. The songs tells about a person who is willing to do anything just so his beloved would at least glance at. Go back to his arms. Feel his warmth once again.

Finally he started playing. His voice accompanied by the gentle sounds of the guqin travelled through the wind and entered their hearts.

yún shēn chù qín sè liú

Deep among the clouds, harmonious melodies play

shuāng mǎn dì dù chūn qiū

Frost covers the ground, traversing across spring and autumn

tiān zǐ xiào qū yōu chóu

Emperor's Smile disperses worries and woes

yuè xià bù zuì bù xiū

Beneath the moon, drinks are poured ceaselessly

...

fǔ qín wèn líng jiě yōu

Inquiry plays to unravel sorrows

gǎn shòu zhe nǐ de wēn róu

Feeling your gentleness

zěn nài shí guāng cōng cōng bù tíng liú

But cannot endure time that slips by quickly without pause

'Im playing this right now because I missed the chance to play it for you. Now you're gone and all that's left for me. I want to feel you once again, I want to feel your warmth but time didn't let us.'

...

ruò yòng yī shēng děng hòu

If I use an entire lifetime to wait

huàn nǐ yī cì de huí móu

In exchange for a single glance from you

mèng xǐng shí bù yuàn yī wú suǒ yǒu

When dreams wake, don't want to be left with nothing

'I could wait an entire lifetime for you. So could you just honor with your glance? However I'm afraid that one day I'll wake up and forget about you.'