Chapter 29

After the duel, Xiao Bai and mingxue decided to call it a day, dingwu also went home early.

"Young master, are you not going home?" Ruo Lan asked XuWei who was watching Xiao Bai leave.

"I need to do something first." He said flatly. He then started to walk back when he saw Zhineng collecting the box to count the votes tonight.

"President Zhou! What a coincidence, I am just about to find you." XuWei said and went to him.

"Oh master Qin. Do you have something to discuss with me?" Zhineng asked while carrying the box.

XuWei, "About the ranking you made for the performance."

Zhineng, "What about it?"

XuWei, "I want to back out."

Zhineng, "Back out? Why?"

XuWei, "I just don't want to join."

Zhineng, "Ah then it's a pity."

XuWei, "What's the pity?"

"Seems like Master Bai will perform alone next week." Zhineng said with a pout but his tone was that of provoking XuWei.

XuWei felt his ears twitch, "What do you mean."

Zhineng then cracked a laugh, "The ranking is just a hoax. It was just to capture the attention of the academy. The union thought that this is a great opportunity to announce your membership in the union along with the ranking. Whoever is the winner of the voting you and master bai will still perform no matter what, isn't that great?"

"Originally we thought to let you answer Xiao Bai have a duet performance so we could attract more attention, I'm also thinking of raising funds for the upcoming competition. We'll we won't talk about that now. Anyway don't worry about it." Zhineng smiled at him.

XuWei, "Then does Xiao Bai know this?"

Zhineng, "Oh that's right. Tell him for me and also it's better if you practice now. It needs to be perfect."

XuWei nodded and bidded his farewell to zhineng. While walking home he couldn't help but feel a little restless. They are going to practice together which means they'll have more time to interact.

...

"Magistrate Zhao, are you well this days?" Emperor Xin asked.

"This magistrate is well, your royal highness." Zhao fengsheng cupped his hands and bowed in respect.

"It's good to see that you're well, let's chat out in the Red pavilion for a bit." Emperor Xin invited him. Fengsheng issued a 'Yes' and followed the emperor outside.

As soon as they sat, countless maidservants emerged and put countless delicacies and a high grade to on their table.

"Magistrate Zhao, you didn't say that your nephew is attending Yang Gui." The emperor opened the topic.

"Indeed, Your Highness. We have been apart for quite a long time and just reunited a month ago. I sent him to the academy in order for him to gain knowledge and some connections." Zhao fengsheng answered truthfully.

"Good good. Magistrate Zhao, I know your past and everything you have gone through, I wouldn't put you as a magistrate if I am uncertain of your origin. You are also my tactical adviser, I clearly said that if you wanted to take over Li Empire I'm willing to help, how come you still let your dear nephew do it? Even seeking my son who was also attending the academy?" Emperor Xin said with a serious tone.

.....Flashback.....

Years ago the northern border of the Xin State was on the verge of being breached by the neighboring country, the Gu Empire. At that time, it was just a year since FengSheng's sister, Lu Xuan, died.