Chapter 30

It was a week then since XuWei went to Xiao bai's place and told him about the student union's scheme. He's not more surprise, knowing zhou zhineng's personality. So they just laughed it off a little bit and started to talk things out seriously.

Xiao Bai wanted to let XuWei choose a song but XuWei insisted really hard that Xiao Bai should do it. Xiao Bai was reluctant, of course, since he hardly listen to traditional music, and if even though he listened to some, he couldn't exactly memorize the lines or the notes. He don't have a choice but to pick a song that he was familiar with, and although it may be a modern song it still carries the traditional tone and instrument.

Thinking of this criteria he remembered the ancient dramas back then. He remembers that many of them have a very traditional sound tracks to match the theme. Then finally a very famous song appeared on his head.

He turned his head to XuWei then asked, "could you play a flute?"

XuWei, "of course."

Xiao Bai, "what about a guqin?"

XuWei, "I can."

Hearing this, Xiao Bai immediately ran off to his room and picked his guqin up and brought it outside to where they were talking. He plans to first let XuWei hear it then have him decide if he wants to play a flute or guqin.

It was really not a problem if XuWei choose to play the guqin, the chords of this song is relatively easy especially if you excel in playing other instruments like Xiao Bai does.

Although he hates to admit it but he learned the chords of the chinese bamboo flute from his former bestfriend. She also learns traditional music, and they met by chance when Xiao Bai was forced by his teacher to learn the guqin. Well since flutes and qins are quite the perfect combo of harmonies they often practice together and eventually became close.

She was also there when Xiao Bai left his home and all. It would be a lie if xiao Bai says that he was not at least a bit hurt about her betraying him. And this song that he let XuWei listen to was the song that Xiao Bai practiced with flute when he memorized the chords since it was a hot song that time.

Going back, he finished the song and waited for xuwei's reaction.

Xuwei, "it's good. It's quite refreshing in the ears."

Xiao Bai, "So do you want to play it with a guqin or flute?"

XuWei, " I don't really know. But I really want to see you playing the flute."

Xiao Bai, "Why?"

XuWei, "Just because." Then let out a little laugh.

Xiao Bai, "I didn't have any flute with me yet. Maybe i'll tell Yifan to buy one tomorrow, so now i'll just teach you."

XuWei, "just play it one more time and  i'm okay to go."

Xiao Bai really did what he was said and after he's done he let XuWei use his guqin and watched XuWei play perfectly as if he was practising it for a whole month! They went on for about 2 more hours and the sun is setting already, the horizons appearing a little orange.

XuWei decided to go home, "I'm going home now. I'll come by again after school. By the way, you don't need to buy the flute, i'll gift you one."

Xiao Bai, "Oh really?! Thanks! Can't wait to see it."

XuWei smiled and left.

After that they practiced at Xiao bai's place for the remaining days until the day of the performance.

Word has already spread about it. It will be a evening show, meaning the event will start after school ends. They can either just stay in the school and eat dinner at the canteen or go home first and just come back after that.