Chapter 23

Xiao bai's manor

Entering his bedroom, Xiao Bai put the bouquet in his bed and went to take a long relaxing bath.

Xiao Bai was still in deep thought and was trying to guess why XuWei wanted him to unwrap the flowers. Is he afraid that the store owner cheated on them? It's fine though since it was for free.

As confused as he is, in the end he just shrugged it off and put it in the back of his mind.

He rinsed his body and wore his underclothes and went out, sitting at his bed while drying his hair. While doing so, he glanced at the bouquet with an intense look.

He suddenly wondered why Xuwei's action towards him is gettinga little bit weird. His words are also very ambiguous.

Xiao bai immediately shook the idea. XuWei is a prince, in the future he would surely fill his backyard with beauties reaching 3 digits.

'Whatever', he thought. But their was some disappointment brewing in his heart.

1...2...3...4...5....10.....16...29...100.

It turns out that the flowers are really a hundred in total, Xiao Bai thought that they only sent 99, it seems like the last add on was the mixed one.

Xiao Bai adoringly stared at it, it was really beautiful. All china roses are beautiful.

What was the meaning of white rose again? Purity and innocence. The meaning of red is love. If you mix white and red then wouldn't it mean pure love?

However Xiao Bai didn't even think of this possibility and just carefully put it away on his table then tucked on his quilt, taking a rest.

And the poem that was suppose to be Xuwei's love confession was ignored and unseen.

The academy.

XuWei was nervous packing back and forth in front of the room. It was 2 days since he hid the letter on the bouquet, and Xiao Bai must have read it already.

He was getting anxious on his he will face Xiao Bai today. He is even nervous of what Xiao bai's response will be. He knew that he should have waited for a while longer but he felt that the longer he cower the more people will notice Xiao Bai and he won't have any chance at all.

"Ming-xiong! You're here, good morning! You too, Xiao Bai." Ruo lan, who was beside him, shouted while waving. XuWei nearly got a heart attack on hearing that they're here.

As a young general who fought countless battles, he can't believe that when it comes to Xiao Bai he immediately and easily lost his cool all the time.

"Ruo lan, good morning! You too XuWei." Since Mingxue is the silent and aloof type, Xiao Bai took the initiative to greet Ruo Lan and XuWei back. Although saying Xuwei's name is a taboo, there was no one around and he said it in a low voice so it's safe.

Knowing Xuwei's real name, he feels kinda weird to call him Weixu now.

"Xiao Bai can I talk to you alone?" XuWei absent-mindedly said. He was confused at how Xiao bai was acting.

"You mean right now?" Xiao Bai asked. XuWei nodded while ming xue also took the hint and pulled Ruo Lan away and went together to the room first.

"What is it?" Xiao Bai asked as soon as the the two was out of sight. He also felt that XuWei was acting a little weird since they got here.

"Have you..Ahherm...About the roses two days ago." XuWei was hesitant whether he should just directly ask him or not.

"Ow.. The roses? Actually the roses are exactly 100 pieces!" Xiao Bai answered confidently.