𝟭𝟱. wrong side

CHANGE | CHAPTER FIFTEEN

     𝐂loud stood behind the couch where the two brothers and Asami were sitting, waiting patiently

     𝐂loud stood behind the couch where the two brothers and Asami were sitting, waiting patiently. Korra lay on the other couch, finally waking up although she still couldn't move. The airbender had a frown on her face, her lips pouting ever so slightly as she silently tried to assure herself that everything would be alright.

     It would be a lie to say that she wasn't scared when she faced Zaheer, because she was. She only felt everything when he was gone, and Cloud was beyond terrified. He was really aiming to kill her when they fought. She was afraid because even if it came to it━she had a feeling she wouldn't be able to take someone's life. She saves them, not take them.

    "This should neutralize," Aiwei said, his hand sliding under Korra's head and placing a green bottle at her lips. "The shirshu toxins."

     Aiwei tilted the bottle so some of the liquid flowed into Korra's mouth. Soon enough, her hand started to slowly twitch before she finally lifted a finger, the Beifong sisters looking down on the Avatar.

    Suyin rested her right hand on her chest in relief. But then Lin suddenly turned to her half-sister, her fists clenched to her sides like she was furious. Cloud pursed her lips, preparing for what was about to happen and the loud noise as she looked at the floor. An angry Lin Beifong was not someone you would want to see.

    "How could you let this happen?" Lin raised her voice, a permanent scowl on her face which made her scars look more prominent. "You assured me this was one of the most secure places in the world!"

    "It is," Suyin said calmly, and she was telling the truth. "I don't know how this happened. Obviously, this was a well-planned operation, so don't blame me."

    Cloud ran her hand through her hair, her fingers getting caught between the knots of her short locks. Her attention turned towards the open doors when Kuvira appeared, standing straight as she faced them with a stoic expression.

     She had met her before when she would come over to meet Suyin's children when she was a kid. But she never really had a proper conversation with her. They acknowledged each other though. That was enough for the reserved woman and the ever-so-bubbly airbender who knows when to respect people and their boundaries.

    "We searched the entire estate," Kuvira told them. "There's no sign of them."

    "Well, keep looking!" Suyin said curtly, her emotions getting the best of her.

    Kuvira gave a bow and departed, not the least offended by her tone since everybody had been pretty much on edge since the incident.

    Aiwei stood. "It would seem they had some inside knowledge of Zaofu. They must've been working with someone."

    "The━" Korra croaked, putting a hand on her head as she sat up. "The guards. It had to be one of them."

     "I agree." The seer agreed rather quickly, causing the airbender to narrow her eyes at him.