Hinny, Jealousy, and Love Potions

As we all know, in Harry's sixth year at Hogwarts, he has girls swarming all around him trying to seduce him and slip him a love potion. Yuck. While Ginny does date Dean in the first half of the book, there is a theory that she slipped Harry a love potion. While she does have the talent, skill and opportunity to feed Harry a love potion, J.K Rowling practically tells us that Harry didn't receive a love potion from Ginny. Here's proof.

During the first potions lesson of the 1996-1997 school year, Slughorn has several cauldrons full of various potions including Amortentia, the strongest love potion. Harry smelled treacle tart, a broomstick handle, and something flowery he smelled at the Burrow. A little while later, he gets a whiff of the flowery smell when Ginny just so happens to approach the Golden Trio. 

This proves that Harry had started developing feelings for Ginny even if he didn't realize it himself. After all, Harry is an oblivious git sometimes. Still don't believe me? Ron got a love potion from Romilda Vane that was meant for Harry. Immediately, he felt like he was in love. This shows how strong and sudden the effects of a love potion can be. While the potion had been sitting there for a while, we would have seen similar results had he taken a fresh potion which proves that Harry hadn't been slipped a love potion because his feelings didn't start suddenly-he realized his feelings very suddenly.

All of this is proof that Harry and Ginny were meant to be although I'm not ship shaming anyone. I'm just a strong supporter of Hinny and I can't imagine Harry and Hermione, (their relationship is like a sibling relationship) or Harry and Cho (they're just not meant to be).