3

_Shuichi Saihara

As I walked outside I saw the heavy rain,'Dammit, of course, I forgot Kaede wasn't gonna pick me up today' I tried to see if I brought my umbrella ' Of course nothing...' I silently cursed to myself 'The Chief already left too...' I thought to myself. I decided to find the nearest station using my phone, I was already drenched after seconds of standing in the rain, I started running of course. I tried to look for different landmarks but everything looked so different this brought me back to that one time

_7 years ago

I could remember it as clear as day my 13th birthday...That day was everything I could've ever wanted, a new amusement park had opened and my parents had gotten tickets for the opening ceremony. I was wandering around the park with my dad as my mom had decided to go get food for us, " So, Shuichi where do you wanna go kiddo?" Dad questioned," Well I wanna go on that new tall one!!" My dad gave me a knowing look," Champ you know they don't open that ride till the evening. How about the Tower Of Horror?" I nodded my head with eagerness showing in my eyes. " Tag your it kiddo!" I was struck by my dad's hand." CHEATER!!!" I bolted through the crowds, as soon as I got to my father I smacked his arm. " Well you ready to get in line kid?" I was about to answer "Yea-" I was cut short by the sound of a huge ride stopping I looked around but saw nothing stopping, everyone else stopped to look too. 'Sorry for the inconvenience folks some delinquants tried to pull something, but don't worry!" Police arrived and ran to a ride that was out of sight."

My father looked in fear,"No way, he's not alive anymore he couldn't survive that jump..." he was mumbling to himself he had started doing this since someone with the name Ouma came onto the news. It worried me, but his rambling made almost everyone leave the line so we were the only ones besides a couple to actually go on the ride. It was fun but I could tell my father couldn't wait to get off this ride. " Hey kiddo let's go check on mom." That's when I heard the blaring sirens, dad grabbed my hand and started running towards the food stand. " MOM!" We both ran over and hugged her," Theresa, we have to go, he's back." Dad grabbed both our hands and ran. I heard a loud crash,"Dammnit Ouma!" My father was pulsing with rage. Then it happened.

The food court started tumbling down, I could hear the screams of people behind me getting crushed. Then my father pushed us," RUN!" Of course Mom and I obeyed, we ran till we saw the cops, they took us in quickly and questioned us. Then I saw it, a purple-haired kid around my age maybe younger was about to be crushed. Until I saw my dad come into view, he pushed the kid out of the tumbling food court, but before I could react the food court had tumbled to the ground crushing my dad." DAD!" I ran over at top speed toward where he lay. "He's dead y'know?" I turned to see the purple-haired kid gazing at My presumably dead father and I. My words caught in my throat," I genuinely feel bad for you, especially with the situation your in, with a stay at home mom and a full-time working father. Yikes!" The kid slowly walked towards me, and hugged me. I at this point was on the verge of tears,"Here, use this number in-case of emergencies, or use it when your bored." He handed me a piece of notebook paper with a number scribbled on it.

"I'm genuinely sorry about your situation though." At this point I couldn't hold it in I started crying, he hugged me again and put my head in his shoulder. When I was finally to tired to cry I got up and hugged him back,"I'm Shuichi Saihara sorry for crying in your shoulder." He laughed a little," Don't worry about it MwaHaHaHaHa-That was a lie you should worry about it." I looked at him startled," I'm sorry like really sorry like MEGA sorry!" I started tearing up a little he laughed again," Nishishishi~ Anyway I'm Kokichi and that was A LiE!!!" I was confused for a moment," Wait your name or accepting my apologies?" He dropped to the floor laughing even harder," For once I'll be somewhat honest I'm Kokichi that's the truth!" I heard screaming and crying," LET ME GO OVER TO MY SON! HE NEEDS TO COME WITH ME!" I saw the scene, my mom was trying to fight the police to get to me."Mrs Saihara Ma'am please listen we need to question you about the situation at hand, because so far all we know is that you coming here caused this to happen!" I saw Kokichi watching the scene too," I never noticed but that woman Mrs Saihara that's your mother right so your a Saihara." I nodded my head weakly after that small droplets of water started to touch the ground. " Here come with me I'll take you to the nearest bus stop, once the bus arrives I'll let you choose between Matsuya and Yoshinoya! Then you can tell me where you live and we can take a bus there!" I was startled," Wait, what? I only have one dollar and that was for some cheap park food..." Kokichi looked at me like I was joking," Really I didn't even have to tell you a lie to get you worried, I'm assuming you don't know my last name, well I'm Kokichi better known as Kokichi Ou- My memory cuts a little short there but I knew it was because of how tired I was, I couldn't think straight at all, my memory comes back- We were both drenched as we ran to the next bus stop to my place, I told him he could spend the night since my mom wouldn't be there for the night as she was still getting questioned. We were drenched and cold but we still felt happy after what felt like hours of conversation we practically became best friends who've known each other since birth.

We both of course stripped of our shirts, his skin looked like delicate porcelain, even though we were as pale as paper, you could see I got roughed up more due to baseball and other sports my parents specifically my dad wanted me to play. I could tell Kokichi was about to ask," I play Baseball what about you?" He looks slightly embarrassed," My dad doesn't want me to play sports, he claims I'm as dainty as my mom, but he's the dainty one, oh by the way I'm assuming you play with Leon Kuwata?" I nod my head confused," Well guess what you know Sayaka Maizono and Leon Kuwata were at eachothers throats the other day, difference in her type of guy and his type of girl argument." I was kinda intrigued who knew Leon Kuwata would argue with stubborn Sayaka Maizono," Wow, anyway borrow one of my hoodies, I don't care which one just put one on, also for pants just choose the closest thing to your size." He immediately flushed but did as I said, the hoodie he chose was way to big for him, but the pants just seemed to sag a little. Anyway what do you wanna do? After that I can barely remember a thing.

_Back to present

At this point I was soaked, cold and tired. I had been waiting for this bus for over an hour and now it was running late at this point my phone was about to die, so I just turned it off Kaede was out with her friends to have a "Girls night" honestly I couldn't care less about what she does but still, I hope she enjoyed herself. Right before the bus arrived a hooded man walked up to me. He plopped down on the seat next to me, we stayed silent until the bus arrived. We bothsat next to each other then the man started small talk," So where are you heading?" I simply replied," Home, what about you?" the man shook his head," Friend asked me to come over." Another awkward silence passed by us, until he started making more small talk. The conversation wasn't bad I just had some suspicion that I couldn't place my finger on. By the time the bus stopped we both left the bus, we said our goodbyes, but once I got into the house I realized something. My suspicion about that hooded man, he was fairly fresh in the memory so I kept thinking that's when I realized. Ouma the one and only was already pulling the strings. He pulled those strings, and he pulled them good.

(A/N, Sorry this wasn't as long as I hoped, but it's way longer than the first two so I consider that a win.)