5.2

_You unlocked Kaito's POV

_Kaito's POV

" Angie, are you sure Maki will like this?" I was generally confused about how Maki roll the ultimate babysitter would like a small pocket knife with her initials on it. Don't get me wrong it was a beautiful knife with Maki roll's initials in gold. I guess I just didn't understand Maki roll like Angie did. " Kaito I'm definitely sure Maki will love that! Even Atua thinks Maki will love it. Atua himself crafted it with us." I still couldn't believe I had crafted a pocket knife with Angie, of course with the help of Peko and Fuyuhiko telling us the most effective knife shapes. I learned more about knives than I needed to know...I still couldn't wait to give Maki her gift. When the TV suddenly changed from Wow Wow Wubbzy reruns to breaking news.

'Takaaki Kiyotaka, a male in his late 40's father of one and local chief has gotten into a freak car accident, if you know anyone possibly related to the person who caused this freak accident please call the police immediatly!' Then the TV turned back to Wow Wow Wubzy. " Hey Angie, should we ask Fuyuhiko if he knows anything about this?" Angie agreed and decided to call Fuyuhiko," Hey Hiko do you know anything related to Takaaki?" Fuyuhiko was cutting out, but we could hear him well enough to hear him say "ask Mondo Oowada about a Kokichi ok?"

"Ok!" Fuyuhiko quickly hung up," Okay Kaito I'll call Mondo while you decorate okay?" I nodded in agreement, I couldn't wait to throw Maki roll a suprise party! Anyway, I made my way to Angie's basement. It was a big basement, and it looked like a ballroom. I started blowing up balloons and setting up strings of lights and tables. We were going for a red gothic theme, or that's what Angie says. I understand red, but why black? Couldn't we do a bright red rainbow theme? I guess I really don't understand Maki roll? I should talk with her more, to figure out more of her intrests. She always turns red when I try to talk to her, I asked Ishimaru about it he says she probably just has a bad fever. I guess she's had a bad fever for over a year, and she never pukes her guts out like I do when I'm sick. So she isn't sick, I probably should ask someone else, like Hifumi? Hifumi was always red when he looked at our old friend Celeste in pictures or 2D anime. Maki and Hifumi must have the same sickness! I must call Hifumi at once!

I decided to call Hifumi," Hey Hifumi I have a question." I could hear him grunting," What is more important than my A/B/O Demon Angel☆Pretty Pudgy Princess fanfic?" Wait, what's A/B/O? I can ask Hifumi that later but for now I need to focus on my first question," Why is Maki roll so red looking when she's around me? She turns a really bright red around me, what's wrong with her?" I heard Hifumi stop grunting," What? Seriously? You are so dense I see why they call you dumb! Or well, you remind me of the dense male character who doesn't realize his feeling till the end of a slowburn." What's a slowburn?"Anyway I know what's wrong, she likes you, but not as a friend my dear dense friend! She likes you as a lover! This sounds like it came out of some badly written mainstream slowburn fanfiction trope!" Maki roll likes me? As a lover at that? " Thanks Hifumi I'll ask her about it!" I decided to call Maki, she immediately picked up," What is it Kaito?" she sounded hollow, but I didn't mind.

" Hey Maki roll! Hifumi said you liked me-." After I said those words she hung up. Does she hate me? I kept thinking till my thoughts became to much, I saw Angie was still talking with Mondo so I quickly snuck out of the backdoor. 'What if Maki roll hates me?' that thought had played through my mind as I ran through streets, what's gotten into me? Was it fear of being hated? I kept running till tears came to my eyes. 'She probably hates you.' That thought started racing through my head. I had ran over to a familiar street, this is the street where I met everyone, Kaede, Shuichi, Tsumugi, Rantaro, etc, but I also met Maki here. I could feel my tears coming down. I looked across the street towards Shuichi's apartment, the complex was fairly new. They had gotten rid of alot of houses to build it. I saw Kaede's car, so I couldn't go to Shuichi's. Kaede got mad at me, because I apparently did something to Maki, and she kicked me out. I kept walking till I arrived at the hospital, should I talk to Kiyo? No, he's in to much pain to even think, especially after the freak accident his sister caused, killing her, leaving him mentally and physically unstable. Akane is the only person who I know can pep talk me out of this.

So I did exactly that, I went to Nekomaru and Akane's house. I left my phone at Angie's, but they always welcome me in despite the time.  I walk up to their door, " I'll get it Nekomaru, oh hey Kaito! Nekomaru it's Kaito! Come in Kaito, you know you have to explain why you came this time." When I got in there I immediately brokedown in front of them. I told them the whole situation with Maki roll- No Maki, and they seemed to understand. I stayed there, and if Maki didn't want to explain her feelings I won't explain mine.

( Yeah so I added this in to create tension, because why not? I love edgy Kaito! I still am sorry this is a bit short, and sorry for any spelling errors! Bye!)