04 || game, set match, loser

Dedicated to A_M_H_666 for being the kindest person I've ever known♥️♥️🥺

- - - - - -

"But you have to."

I sighed for the sixth time this hour. Tyrin was as stubborn as a Jack Russel Terrier and, honestly, I knew I wasn't going to win.

I, for once in my life, was sitting in my reading chair. It was this huge egg chair that was hung on a stand. It was a lovely beige which matched the soft whites of my room. I had little accent of blue and pink splashed here and there but mainly my room looked like a library. Tyrin never let me sit in my egg chair but for once, I had won

Tyrin was lying on my bed while I read Romeo and Juliet. Turns out it had actually been a while since I had studied this book. I could barely remember what they said and what the themes were. The thing I did remember was this basic outline of...he died...she died... miscommunication but with actions. While I was wondering how terrible my memory was, Tyrin was tossing my little lion teddy bear up and down.

Very stimulating and productive.

"Don't ignore me, Jaylene."

I knew that if I looked at him, he would be pouting.

"I'm sorry this book is more interesting than you," I said, completely not sorry. He knew I was not sorry.

"I'm sure anything is more interesting than conversing with me right now. It's the third last game of the season, Jay, and it could be the last if we don't win."

I closed my book without placing a book mark. I'd probably regret that later.

"Why?"

"Cause you're my girlfriend."

"I don't want to."

"I don't think you have a choice. Listen you have to come and join us. It's really important to me. You can even force Scott to come with."

I contemplated that. Get Scott to come with and annoy him the entire times by reciting memes. That's not a terrible idea. We could make fun of them without Tyrin ever knowing. Scott would have so much fun.

I finally looked at Tyrin and he grinned at me.

"You know I know nothing about football."

He sat up, knowing he had won, "I won't ask you a thing about the score. If you see me run with this funny 3D oval shaped thing and pass a line without being tackled, then you cheer."

"That's it?"

"Not even close"

"I do have a condition. Movie night afterwards but I steal your turn."

He swore. "Only if we win. If we lose, I have to drink my sorrows away."

"Do I have to go to the party?"

It wasn't really a question. I would never go to another party again.

He crawled to the edge of my bed and grabbed my hands, pulling me onto the bed. I followed his lead.

"Not even if Arlo asked you there?"

I spluttered. "Like that would ever happen! Are you mad or did they finally tackle you hard enough to leave permanent brain damage?"

Tyrin laughed gleefully and I scowled at him.

Scott shouted from his room across from mine, "you guys mind? I'm at home!"