05 || take the l

Like Ashton predicted, they had won.

But like I predicted, I knew the score and even how each point was scored.

That was all because of Scott.

During the match, he was focused as usual, watching the game that he said he hated but adored. I knew that he mainly liked it, cause it connected him to dad and it must have sucked for him to not be playing, but to also be watching it without my dad. It was sad to think that last year, he was playing out on that field but now he wasn't allowed to.

I wondered what hurt him more, the fact that he used to do it to have something in common with dad, or maybe he enjoyed it or even he played in memory of dad

Then again, Scott wasn't as sentimental as me.

As soon as Ashton saw who was with me, his face paled which was very noticeable considering he had just come off the field with all the adrenaline pumping through his veins. His face used to be flush but now it was repidly losing color.

His glow from winning had promptly faded and he called out, "that's cheating?"

I played dumb, "what is? I was just watching the game with my brother."

My brother looked at the two of us and I saw Arlo sneakily take out his phone and record the entire interaction.

"Did my sister con you? She tends to do that," Scott shook His head, "I wouldn't trust her, even though you could probably throw her pretty far."

I stuck out my tongue at my brother. I liked to think I was pretty mature at 17 years old but sometimes you just have to revel in your small victory.

"She does this often."

"Yep."

"Huh, I made a mistake then. Surely that was cheating."

I was just about to speak up when Arlo called out, "no, Ash. You didn't set any terms, idiot. Don't ever become a lawyer."

Ashton sighed, knowing he had lost. He pointed at me, "she should become a lawyer."

Scott laughed and ruffled my hair, "definitely."

Tyrin joined us, immediately spotting Scott and calling out, "stop that, dude. You'll mess her hair I won't ever hear the end of it. She has the movie choice tonight."

Arlo whistled, "damn, you're on a roll. Real smooth."

"Thanks Arlo."

"So what movie are we watching, Golden."

I snorted. "you're not joining us, Ashton."

Tyrin rolled his eyes, "you wouldn't want to anyway. She has the worst choices."

My mouth dropped. "You really want to get on my bad side?"

He contemplated that for a second and nodded, "what's the worst you got?"

"You make me sad, why are you so rude?"

Tyrin laughed. "It's my job."

My brother mimed puking, "please stop. I'll do anything, please just stop."

"You're beyond dramatic, Scott."

Ashton looked at us, "huh, you guys are twins, right?"

Scott and I nodded. "Why is your name Jaylene and his Scott? They're not even close to similar."

I pointed at Scott, "he has my dad's middle name, I have an original name."

Scott rolled his eyes at me, "you're so funny Jay, really."

I looked at him and tried to raise a brow. It did not work. "You want me to tell Tyrin what you said about his-"

"Okay, " Scott said, raising his hands in the universal sign for stop. He looked so panicked like I was actually going to reveal his secrets to a bunch of strangers. He looked angry but then contemplated something as he looked back and forth between Ashton and me.

I gave him a look, not sure of what he was trying to do.

"Don't even think about it?"

He shot me an innocent look "I wasn't thinking of doing anything. Paranoid much?"

I nodded. "when it comes to you, yes."

Scott face Ashton. "You want to join us? I'm asking so you don't need to worry about permission from her," he pointed to me.

My mouth fell open. What the Hell?

Was he mad? Honestly, I had no idea what he was thinking.

"I thought you said you weren't going to do anything. I told you not to!"

He shrugged, unrepentant. "you said think, I did. Loop-holes little sister, you need to learn them if you want to be a good lawyer."

"I hate you sometimes."

Tyrin laughed, "he's easy to hate."

"Shut it Tyrin. Like you're such a catch. I don't even know why my sister dates you. Use-" I zoned them out. Sometimes they were my favourite source of entertainment but today, I was more interested in our other participants.

I looked at Ashton and Arlo. Ashton looked as if Tyrin and Scott were his favourite program while Arlo looked as if he wanted to interrupt their conversation before it could escalate into a fight. He really did want to save the world.

"Captain America," I muttered.

Arlo looked up at me. "What's that?"

Tyrin looked at me and stopped arguing. He was in the middle of some great insult to my brother, but he started laughing and so did Scott.

I grabbed Arlo's arm before grimacing. He was still sweaty which was kind of hot. His skin was shining, but not too wet, just enough for me to admire how hot he looked.

Ashton looked a little too red for him to be pretty. His nose had dried blood from a bad throw so he looked a bit beat up. I could already see his eyes turned a bit black underneath. It looked like he hadn't slept in a while. His eyes were going to swell a little but he didn't seem concerned.

On the other hand, Tyrin looked perfect. I knew had had played, but his hair was neat and he was pretty clean all things considered.

"You're definitely joining us tonight, Arlo. Big mistake. Huge mistake."

Aston rolled his eyes. "So I'm missing a party to watch a movie with you guys, great."

"No-one is forcing you to join, Ashton" I snapped. Honestly, he could break his deal, I didn't really care. I had someone I had to indoctrinate into the Marvel universe and that was really important to me.

"I lost the bet and I don't break deal, Golden."

"So just don't go to the party. I don't know, " I pretended to think, "go do your homework or something. Our bet didn't involve me having to entertain you."

He contemplated that for a second, "well your brother had so graciously invited me so I'm definitely coming, just because you'd hate it."

---
It's crazy that people have actually read my book.
Dayyyum
Anyway next month is spooky season and I'm planning something..
But I guess we'll have to see 😏