18 || take over, the breaks over

My locker door shut, but luckily for me I quickly had removed my fingers. There was something in my gut that told me to remove my hands.

I looked up, my face painted in disbelief. I shook my head hoping that I was dreaming, still sleeping in bed. "Tyrin?"

"Is there something going on with you and Arlo?" he said. He didn't look upset, just extremely confused and hurt.

"No, why do you ask?"

He gave me a side look. "Scott was saying you guys were on the phone for three hours last night." He paused, "this morning?"

Oh. I had done that. "It was first of all it ended at three am. I couldn't sleep. I've had like three hours of sleep. I'm not ok right now."

He snorted, "no shit. You look horrible!" The hallway went quiet and I glared at Tyrin. I knew I looked it but he as my fake boyfriend should not be insulting me. They watched us and I tried to get Tyrin to hush, but he wasn't in the mood to be quiet. He continued on his mini rant, "Why didn't you tell me? I'm your," he gave me a meaningful look, "boyfriend. You're supposed to rely on me!" The hallway had started to get louder, but as soon as Tyrin spoke again and they went quiet and stared, even as the bell rang.

"I don't want to do this here."

Tyrin froze. "What? Listen to me? You don't do that on a normal day."

"Because I don't have to!" I waved my arms around in frantic motions. He was rally starting to get on my nerves.

"You're worse than Scott sometimes and that's saying a lot."

"you're being ridiculous!"

I couldn't understand what was going on. Tyrin looked round, "we'll speak later."

I gave him a confused look. What was going on?

"Fine, go let off some steam 'cos clearly you've gone off the end."

"Whatever, 'Lean."

I watched him walk away, puzzled.

◼◻◾◻◼

"Do you know where my boyfriend is?" I sat down at the table, looking at Christo and Scott.

Scott snorted, "no idea where the guy is, wouldn't tell you if I did."

I rolled my eyes at that. Nothing new there. I did briefly wonder how happy he would be when he found out we were fake dating. He'd probably throw a parade.

I looked around the lunchroom one more time before leaving and heading towards the fields outside.

Tyrin must have been around here somewhere. It was just a matter of where.

I thought back to how our friendship had started and somersaulted into that we have now and immediately knew that was my best guess of where he was.

The good thing was that I could see any other places he could have been hanging out in the meanwhile.

He wasn't in the computer labs or the science labs.

I checked my phone one last time before I trekked towards the soccer fields on the other side of all the fields my school had. My school did have a lot of fields but they tended to rent them out to earn some money to maintain them.

We even had an Astro field somewhere. I wasn't exactly sure where, but I knew we had one. My school tended to brag about it.

My phone had no messages and Tyrin hadn't even read my messages. He hadn't been the entire morning which was something I want used to. See I didn't reply to most people, but they knew why.

Tyrin always replied to me and checked up on me at least twice a day, sometimes more. I think that was Tyrin thing. I wondered if Tyrin checked up on all his friend like he did with me. Was it a dating thing?

I sighed. My dating life was a mess. The only person I had ever dated was Tyrin and it wasn't even real. It did give me high expectation for my Real relationship though.

Maybe too high expectations. I wasn't sure what an actual relationship would be like.

I hadn't even had my first kiss.

I looked at the boys locker room. It looked deserted but I had to check. I didn't want to be last to English, the last period of the day but I did have to find tyrin and ask him what was going on with him

I opened the door the locker room and saw no-one was there.

Oh well. Time to walk.

I was very worried about Tyrin. He never acted like this during out fake dating relationship of three months. I had known Tyrin for my entire high school career and he never acted like that.

Tyrin and Scott had actually been pretty good friends in grade 8, but Tyrin and I ended up becoming...better friends. The animosity between them started in that same year, right after Scott had actually introduced Tyrin and me. We were at a pool party and Tyrin and I hit it off becoming fast friends.

After the party, Scott was smiling and seemed like he had had a great time but the next week, his mood had fallen and he had started insulting Tyrin. Tyrin, never being one to back down from a conflict, met him, par for par.

After becoming good friends with Tyrin, I had met Hanna, Keisha and Amy. They seemed like the wanted to be friends with me. I wanted to be friends with them.

The problem was they only wanted to talk about boys and I hadn't really bloomed in that department so the dumped me.

It's not my fault that I didn't know I was supposed to fawn over boys at that age. I only got my first and only crush on Ashton in grade 10.

I pondered over that. Ever since the party incident, I wasn't sure about my attraction to Ashton.