07 || movie mistakes

The movie was in full swing and I watched Arlo in fascination. His face was very easy to read and his amusement shone like lanterns on diwali.

Tyrin and I sat like we usually did, me resting on his lap in one way or another. We shared the couch with Arlo who looked sort of sad when we had first taken up this position. His face deepened further and further each time he saw us and I had no idea what he was thinking about. Ashton and Scott shared the other chair and occasionally sharing jokes and laughing which made Tyrin tense every time he heard them.

Tyrin was very quiet which made Scott very curious, confused and concerned.

The usual three C's when Tyrin wasn't paying attention and vice versa.

We were at the part were Steve was pointing out each and every place he had been beaten up by and Arlo was grinning, nudging me with his elbow. His grin grew wider with amusement.

"I like him. Even though there is a much better way to solve problem then using your fists."

I pressed pause, "you're not wrong but I thought all jock-male types liked to use their fists to solve their problems."

Ashton spoke up, "not him. He's a wuss."

"Very funny, Ash. It's not that. I don't like causing harm."

"It's not harm. It's settling what's right in a manly way."

"In a pretty stupid way. Or is manly synonymous with stupid."

Ashton looked down at is phone. "Not all the time."

I laughed at that. Some of the time, man is stupid and Ashton agreed.

Arlo stole Ashton's phone and Ashton let him. They were really good friends and I had never noticed. Watching them interact was so interesting to me because Ashton was such an asshole but Arlo was so kind. He took every insult like it was playful teasing and he retorted in such easy manner, almost dismissing the insult. 

I'm not even sure there is a way to describe how Arlo insulted back. It was a spark of sass but delivered so kindly. It was teasing, but even nicer than playful teasing. I just did not know how to deal with such a good person. He honestly made me want to change my life choices and be as good as him, but I could never be as good.

I couldn't even live up to my mum's expectations or even my middle name. Golden. I was like bronze at best; if I even made the podium. Which I highly doubted.

But Arlo could. He was a gentleman. I wondered what his Achilles heel was. He must have had a flaw, I just wondered if I'd get to know him long enough to find out. He definitely sparked my interest.

I was so curious about him. How he was so kind and thoughtful? How he was so smart? I just had so many questions about him that it kind of made me want to hang out with Arlo.

A lot.

I hadn't wanted to make a friend this bad in years. The last friend I made... well Tyrin is still here so he was an excellent choice.

Arlo looked at Aston, "considering you think that all arguments should end with fights, I do worry about you brother." He frowned at Ashton's phone screen," what did you do?" Arlo sounded angry. It was the first time I had ever heard his tone turn so cold and furious.

I frowned but it was Scott who spoke up, "what's wrong?"

We were all watching the two in fascination. Ashton looked incredibly smug.

Arlo let more anger seep into his voice, and I knew in a couple of minutes he would be screaming, "that's wrong, Ashton. You can't just do what you always fu-"

The door bell rang.

All the conversation stopped and we all turned in unison to stare at the door.

Tyrin poked me and I slowly got up to open the door. I checked through the peep hole but there were too many things being held so I opened the door. Maybe it was one of Scott's online orders?

I unlocked the door and barely had time to move out of the way before a stream of people pushed the door open and started chanting, "Ashton! Ashton! Ashton! Ashton!"

"Oh shit," I swore and stared in disbelief.

Uh hi! Please leave a like or a comment, anything really. I'd love to hear your thoughts about what just happened 👀

Love bee