15 || on the down

Tuesday was probably the worst day I had had in a while. Which really was saying a lot considering how my life had turned upside down.

Somehow, I managed to avoid majority people yesterday but today, as luck would have it, I was the center of attention.

I hadn't known that so many people wanted to congratulate me on the party I had at my house and even better, I had Ashton's attention.

I had no idea what people had expected from me since Ashton was a jackass, and honestly was friends with literally anyone. Somehow having Ashton's friendship seal of approval made me desirable ... and everyone wanted to know me for the right reasons.

I think.

No-one generally took notice of me usually, even though I was 'dating' the most valuable player at school. Rugby player that is, I'm not dating Ashton. I don't even think he dates.

I remember a year or two ago, he was dating a girl named Melissa. She was curvy with blonde hair and big beautiful blue eyes. She was to years older than us but that didn't deter Ashton. I was sure how they started dating, but they were and honestly, there was no where you could look where they wouldn't be together. It seemed like they were sown together.

Everyone thought they would last, including me, but it didn't. Ashton came out of that breakup and completely reinvented himself, emphasizing the more...undesirable aspects of his sparkling personality.

I had just made it to my locker when Hanna, Keisha and Amy came up to me. I had been friends with them back in grade 8, but ... let's just say it wasn't the best friendship.

Amy was a tiny Asian girls with beautifully flawless skin. He hair was thicker and longer than mine, something after all these years, I was sure she would still hold against me.

Keisha on the other hand was tall. She was sporty and she had modelled for a couple of magazines. She broke beauty standards with her dark skin and even darker eyes. She always had a serious scowl plastered on her face. Then again, that could have just been around me.

Then there was the queen bee herself, Hanna. She was the opposite of what you'd expect a queen bee to be but her dad was the CEO of some company and made many generous donations for the benefit of his daughter.

So naturally the teachers turned a blind eye when Hanna shoved me into lockers or wrote nasty things on the bathroom walls about anyone. They even turned a blind eye to her flirting with the male staff, no matter the age.

It was sad to see how much you could get away when you had money and prestige. A damn shame she couldn't buy kindness.

Huh, I guess that's why I liked Arlo. He was something the world was sorely lacking.

Kindness, decency, being an ok person. You know, not treating the rest of the world like shit.

"Jay," Hanna squealed hugged me. I hunkered down deeper to myself and hoping that she would get the hint. I did not want to be hugged. I didn't even like hugs.

"Hanna," I said blandly with no emotion.

"I've been looking for you girl! I'm dying to know what's going on with you and resident hot stuff, Ash!"

I shrugged and discretely looked over her shoulder, hoping to find my twin or Tyrin or Arlo.

Hell, I'd even take Ashton if he would save me from this mess. Sadly, I knew that if he came over, he'd probably make the situation worse and spin it into a tale of unrequited love.

Crazy bastard.

I noticed Arlo and tried to get his attention by coughing very loudly. Please notice me, please help me.