08 || party from hell 1.0

"Hey Golden," Ashton called over all the people entering my house, "I found a loophole."

"F*ck you, *sshole." I heard the crowd take collective breathe as they waited for Ashton to reply.

"Babe, anytime anyplace." He winked outrageously at me, but I ignored him .

I looked at Tyrin and he shot a glare at Ashton before walking up to me and wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Okay, got it dude," and then I witnessed Ashton do the most awkward thing ever. He shot finger guns at Tyrin.

Tyrin pulled me over to Ashton before letting me go and cocking his arm, ready to let go and lose himself in some off the field violence.

Although I kind of wanted to see Tyrin punch Ashton in his pretty perfect face; I couldn't help but remembered him and his finger guns.

I laughed.

Tyrin paused, just staring at me as if amazed. He looked at Ashton with respect and gave him a fist bump, with his head cocked to prove that he was being non-threatening.

"Anyone who can make her laugh is okay with me."

Ashton frowned, "I don't want your approval. I'd prefer to not have it."

Tyrin grinned gleefully and I replied, "big mistake. He's going to do anything to just annoy you. It will definitely involve affection though, just because you've said no."

Scott looked amazed by the amount of people strutting onto our house. It was almost like a nonstop parade. He and I watched in shock as everyone set up a party in less than 5 minutes. I was too shocked to stop anyone from starting the party.

High-school students knew how to party. It was pretty insane how quickly they got the entire party running and set up. I was in complete shock.

I hadn't realized that Arlo was doing what I was supposed to. He was trying to prevent the party, but I knew a lost cause when I saw one.

I placed my hand on his forearm. He was muscular and... wow.

"It's too late, Arlo."

He looked so ashamed and disheartened. "I know. I know. I just wanted to do better, to be better and Ashton... I thought he was going to try to be a nicer person. but it never works and I'm just so constantly frustrated with him doing whatever he wants, whenever and never seeing the consequences his actions have." He gripped his hair tightly and I saw that it was actually long, hidden in the thick tight curls of his hair.

"I'm beyond irritated with him. I asked him one time, I even told him to not cause trouble. It was the first time I had ever asked him to do anything," he sighed and looked at me defeatedly. He gave me a sad smile and my heart broke. He was so broken up...on my behalf. He tried and that's what had mattered to me. My heart sighed a little, investing into Arlo. "He couldn't even do that for me."

"I don't blame you; you know. I ... commend you for trying. Sometimes that's the best we can do. Try." I gave him a sad but bright smile. Sometimes your best is trying and it might now work. The amount of times I had tried to study for exams yet barely passed. Trying and subsequently failing was something I was so used to. I don't think Arlo was used to that. You had to try sometimes, otherwise how do you know that you're going to fail?

"It wasn't good enough this time," he spat blithely.

I was taken aback but before I could say anything my phone chimed, and I looked down and felt fear strike down my spine.

Mum.

I quickly scanned the room and noticed Scott and Tyrin setting up beer pong with some other guys.