10 || spring cleaning

When I woke up the next morning and made my way downstairs, after checking my phone. Mum had sent me a lot of messages, telling me what time she could be home and giving me plenty of things to ensure were working to her standard. Overall, it looked like my normal number of chores, so I wasn't mad.

She did say something about consequences, but I would only worry about that if I didn't get to cleaning the house. I looked at the time, I had about four hours to get the house neatened.

Making my way downstairs, I was pleasantly surprised that that the house wasn't too bad. There were a few bottles here and there, but it was mainly the floor and surfaces that needed a clean. There was a trash bin that I needed to take out after I cleaned up everything but I was impressed. I was also immediately suspicious.

This looked like nothing compared to how to had looked for those fifteen minutes I was actually at the party for.

My brother stumbled into the kitchen, holding is head and I just watched as he fumbled, probably trying to find aspirin. His hair was sticking up as if he had let it dry while he was upside down. There was some red lipstick on his neck and his clothes were rumpled, as if he had spun in the tumble drier. Not the best he's ever looked, but also not the worst.

I wondered how Tyrin was doing. He was a lightweight which amused Scott to no end. That was the only reason Scott hung out with Tyrin when they were at parties. To make fun of him the next day for all the dumb shit he had done the previous night.

I was about to speak up when he stuck a hand out in my general direction and halted my speaking.

Okay then.

"Shush now, lecture later."

"I do have one-" He winced and threw the bottle of aspirin at me. I shook my head, keeping it in my hand and shaking it violently just to make his head feel worse. Serves him right for drinking so much. I cleared my throat and watched him groan in displeasure. This was too easy. "As I was saying, I do have one question. Who cleaned up?"

He grumbled something but it was too incoherent. I shook my head, taking pity on him.

I went over to him and led him to the couch, giving him the aspirin and a cup of juice. I would interrogate him after I had fed him.

I made us breakfast, then got to cleaning. That was something I was pretty experienced at; it wasn't going to take me that long.

◼◻◾◻◼

I double checked that every single area inside was clean. Scott was passed out on the couch which was kind of expected. I wasn't surprised. I loudly coughed and then kicked his leg when he didn't wake up.

He woke up slowly, looking very disorientated. He looked around and swore. "You'd never know."

"But I do. Anyway, I was asking you, who cleaned up."

He yawned as if my question bored him. It probably did considering I knew all he wanted to do was sleep. I had only been hung over once in my life and that one time was enough for a lifetime. When I said never again, I meant it. Unlike Scott who said that every time he drank but still drank enough to get wasted.

Scott sat up and I feared for a second, he was going to puke, and ruin all my hard work. I still had to clean the back yard and the front yard, so I woke Scott up.

"Let's go."

He frowned at me. "I'll do the back, go out front."

I nodded, "deal."

I watched him leave, before moving outside. I had to make sure thar he would actually get up and go clean. It was just a precaution.

I got a trash bin and unlocked the door. My mouth dropped open in shock.