06 || movie night

It took both Arlo and Ashton an hour to finally arrive at my house.

Which gave my plenty of time to consider what on earth was happening to my life. I had basically been invisible for a longest part of my life.

Sometimes I wondered why I did this to myself. I should have just ignored Arlo and then I would never have been in this situation.

But how could I ignore him? That was like ignoring a puppy, which would just be cruel and yes, that was an appropriate comparison.

Then again if I did ignore Arlo there was a high probability that I would have got a concussion from walking into a locker door. There was also that to consider.

I did wonder though, if Arlo would hate me for taking his night when he could instead be partying with his friends, instead he mistakenly saved me from a locker door and has been pitying me ever since.

I mean my social life at school was pretty much dead and I didn't exactly want to talk to anyone. I was content with my tiny friend group but here I was, being offered another friendship and I was reacting? I was... wanting to be his friend.

Arlo was just such an easy guy. He was chilled and calm and just the type of person you would take home to meet your parents. Whether you were friends or whether you were dating.

Ashton on the other hand, I had no idea why he wanted to ever speak to me again after that disastrous party where I had puked in his car. I think it was...his car.

That wasn't even the worst part of that night. It wasn't even close to the worst part.

I remember Scott and I had arrived pretty late, which was fine. Tyrin and Scott had left me alone, which was the worst thing they could have done but my cousin was there. So I was with her.

Well she wasn't exactly my cousin, but it was close enough. Shay was one of my relatives that I did like but I didn't like anyone anymore. Besides my mum and brother, I was very impartial to the rest of my family.

Shay shoved drink after drink into my hand and had left me with Hanna and a bunch of other girls. We were all pretty drunk.

That night was a pretty bad night for me but the next day was worse. That was when Scott's accident had happened.

I hated calling it an accident because-

The doorbell rang at the same time someone was banging on it.

I rolled my eyes; it was pretty obvious who was doing what.

I walked over to the door, deliberately taking my time.

I had never realised Ashton and Arlo were friends but now that I thought about it, they tended to carpool among other things. I wonder if their friendship was genuine because the two of them were very different.

Arlo was an advocate for everything he believed in. He could have been the next president, if he wanted. He had the highest grades, took on plenty of community work and could play sports and the piano.

It was crazy.

Ashton wasn't that bad. His grades were above average, but that was expected. He liked partying and having fun. I didn't even think he knew what charity was. Everything about the two of them confused me

Especially their inane... obsession with me.

Not that I thought they were into me, although wouldn't that be nice?

No, they had an obsession with me for some other reason and I felt like I should figure out why.

I set up the Disney+ account and sighed. Next, I had to introduce Arlo to Iron man, mainly so I can use references around him, and he would understand them.