IX

Third person POV
After Madison, Freddy and Billy explained everything to Darla, they all went to sleep not before Freddy went to say goodnight to Maddie. But when he peeked inside her room he saw her hyperventilating and sweating in her sleep.

"Help me. Please. I'm so scared. Please!" She screams twisting and shaking. "Maddie! Wake up! Shh, I'm here. There's no need to worry." Madison shot her eyes up and gave Freddy direct eye contact. "What happened?!" She ask frantically breathing heavily. "You were having some nightmare."

"Can you stay here with me? Please." Madison ask with her calming and soothing voice making Freddy's heart melt. "Sure." He cooed slowly getting into her bed and stroking her hair softly.

Times skip~the next morning
"Happy birthday, Maddie!" Everyone yelled as Madison woke up and saw all of her siblings and her parents there. "Happy birthday mija! Get dressed and the party will be held downstairs. Oh, and I forgot there is someone downstairs waiting to meet you."

Madison soon got dressed in her lavender dress and put her hair up in two buns and went downstairs. Her smile widened when she saw tons of gifts on the dining table and a giant pink paper that read: Happy Birthday, Madison written in pink and purple glitter and marker.

"Hey, Madison." A voice spoke out. Groaning she turns around seeing Lizzie there. "What are you doing here?" She asks, crossing her arms and gave her a dirty look while Lizzie gave her a friendly smile. "You invited me. Duh!"

"Wow, I didn't know you lived in a cuckoo house like this and it looks your going crazy." She groaned while Madison gave her a blank expression. "Anyway. Great party though." She smiles and walks off to go do something else.

"Mija! Mija!" Rosa exclaims coming towards Madison from behind. "It's time to blow out the candles. Come, come." She guides Madison to the dining room and sets a vanilla cake down with gum ball's on top. "Make a wish, honey."

Madison's POV
I took a deep breath before blowing out the candles and everyone except Lizzie cheered and clapped. After eating cake and ice cream we were listening to Capital Cities: Safe and Sound. Lizzie was in the middle of the room, showing off her dance moves to everyone.

"Why does she have to be here?" I asked Billy who was leaning on the wall, drinking punch. "I mean, maybe she's trying to get someone's attention. I don't know." He shrugs his shoulders and she smiles at me.

I see her going up the stairs and getting everyone's attention. "Hello, everyone. I just wanna thank Madison's foster parents for putting on a great party." She expands her arm to where Rosa and Victor were and smiled.

"And what about Madison's real parents? Are they here? We loved to meet them?" She smiles while my heart stops. I looked to see everyone staring at me, I looked to see Freddy mouthing go as I did what he said. I run upstairs to my room and bury my face in my knees and sobbed.

Freddy's POV
"Why did you do that?" Billy asks Lizzie while giving him an confused look. "What did I do?" I limped upstairs to find Maddie on the floor, crying. "Maddie..." she looks up with her red puffy eyes and teary stained cheeks. "She left. Don't worry." I told her, lifting her chin up. "Mm-hmm." She nods rocking back and forth.

"Wanna go back downstairs and open your presents?" I ask her in my calmed voice, she looked down for a minute before we walked back downstairs. "Maddie, we're so sorry that Lizzie said those things about your parents. You wanna open your presents?" Mary asked her while Maddie gave her a smile and nod.