XIII

Madison's POV I was walking down the sidewalk when I heard someone crying

Madison's POV
I was walking down the sidewalk when I heard someone crying. I looked to see Lizzie turn to look at me and turn back and continue crying. "Lizzie, what's wrong?" I asked her, trying to be a good person but she turned away from me.

"Go away. I mean, you hate me for what I said about your parents." She cried even harder and started hyperventilating. "Hey, hey, hey. Shh it's okay. Don't be scared." I shushed her and she explained it all to me. "My parents got into an argument with each other because my dad cheated on my mom with a secretary at work. And he came home drunk and hit my as hard as he could in my face."

She shows me the giant bruised on her face and laid her head down on my shoulder. "Wanna spend the night at my house? I mean you can stay in my room and we can go to your house to get your clothes then-." She shakes her head and stares at me.

"No! Please I don't want to go back." She pleads while I nodded my head quickly and took her hand in to mine after walking for a mile we finally got back to the house. "Hey everyone, we're home." I yelled as Rosa and Victor came into the room and smiled.

But their smiles dropped once they saw Lizzie. "Mija, can I talk to you in the other room? Please?" She gives a fake smile to Lizzie while Lizzie sat down in the living room. We entered the dining room and sat down. "What is Lizzie doing here? Madison, do you not remember what happened on your birthday?" She reassures me while I looked down at my fingers.

"Her parents abused her and she doesn't have anywhere else to go. I mean if I don't be a good person she will definitely end up in foster care." Rosa was surprised by me doing something right and smiled at me.

Everyone agreed to let Lizzie stay the night. "Okay, so you and I will be sharing a room. I've already got the cot made for you, the WiFi password is RoyalQueen1235, if you need anything else just tell me." She nods and we both did each other's nails.

"Good night Madison. And I'm sorry for what I said about your parents." Lizzie said. "Goodnight, and it's okay. I'm not mad." I smiled before turning off the lights and going to sleep.