Chapter One: Inseparable...?

[ Eighth Grade - Last Week of Middle School ]

Entoan's View

I yawned loudly, tossing my arms up in the air along with my yawn. Narrowing my eyes, I sat up in bed with a groan at the sunlight. There was school today, I've always hated Mondays; the day right after Sunday. The only good thing about middle school was probably the friend I had there, well more like friend I had.

His name was Dlive. We've been friends ever since we stepped foot in the same elementary school. People thought it was weird how we always stood together and talked to each other only. There was a reason for all of this, I had a problem with trusting others and Dlive was the only one who actually seemed to care about me.

Dlive was my best friend. We were never seen without each other unless one of us were taken out of school early. I know it sounds cheesy and everything, but Dlive's my light in this world. He keeps me bright and happy.

I sighed deeply and walked over to my closest, tossing on a Black Veil Brides t-shirt and some black skinny jeans. I grabbed my backpack and ran out the door, avoiding my father and mother. As I ran out the door, Dlive stood at the corner waiting for me with a bright smile.

"Hey, Dlive!" I exclaimed, waving over at him.

Dlive waved back, "Hey, Entoan. You ready to go?" He asked.

I nodded, adjusting my backpack quickly. "Yeah, let's get going or we'll be late." I said, walking beside him happily.

Dlive ruffled my hair, I whined and shoved his hands away. "Stop it, Dlive! I'm not a baby..." I said, glaring at him softly.

Dlive laughed, "Fine, sorry Entoan." He apologized, grabbing my hand. "C'mon, the school is just right ahead!"

Dlive dragged me to through the school doors and ran to the locker we shared, it was right beside our first period class; Art. I let go of his hand to open the locker, my hand fiddled with the lock, twisting it to the combination numbers. The locker clicked and opened with a creak.

Suddenly I was slammed harshly against the locker, hitting my head roughly. I groaned and slid against the locker and to ground while cradling my head in pain. "Hah, look at the fag!"

"Leave him alone, Max!" Dlive's voice reached my ears.

"Stop defending such a weak kid like him, Dlive. Why can't you see you're better off without him?" Max, or Gassy, snarled.

Dlive lifted me up from the ground and glared at Max harshly, "Leave us alone, we don't want trouble." He said.

Max grumbled under his breath and walked away, leaving both of us in bitter silence. Max had a tendency to do things like this to me, but he never laid a finger on Dlive, which was kind of weird. I was getting used to all this shit by now after going through it since 5th grade.

I shoved Dlive's arms off me and grabbed my books from my locker before walking away. "Huh? En-Entoan?! Wait up!" He shouted, slamming our locker shut.

I continued walked ahead, ignoring his calls for me. I had a reason to do this. Dlive has been... different lately, and not in a good way. Before, we used to hang out all the time before and after school like best friends would. He's been ditching me lately for others like Chilled, Ze, Ohm and even Gassy.

"Entoan!"

Friends don't leave each other's for bullies...

"What do you want?" I asked, a bit too coldly.

Dlive frowned, "I was going to ask if you wanted to ditch class with Chilled and Ze..." He muttered, hope lacing his voice.

I was taken back. "Ditch? Since when did you start ditching, Dlive?" I asked, shocked.

Dlive rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "... Ever since I started to hang out with Chilled and the others." He said, frowning. "But it isn't that bad, give it a try. C'mon, Entoan. Don't be like this, man."

I glared at him, sudden anger taking over. "Well no thanks! Chilled and his group are nothing but bad influences on you and me! I'm going to class with or without you, Dlive. I'll see you later." I said, walking to class.

"...Bye." He muttered, the sound of his footsteps resounding down the hall.

I shook my head and walked into the classroom, sitting in my sit at the back of the room.

"Where's Dlive?"

"They're not together today..."

"Hey, I thought those two we're like glue: inseparable?"

I laid my face against the cold desk, warm tears pricking my eyes. However, I didn't let them fall. What everyone said was getting to my head. It made Dlive's situation and mine even worse.

Were Dlive and I drifting apart after nine years of knowing each other?

Were we still inseparable?

______________________

Dlive's View

Grumbling under my breath, I walked away from the class I'm supposed to be heading to. I can't believe Entoan didn't want to come along with us! Yeah, it shocked me that he yelled at me and rejected my offer. We were always together, never away from each other. But lately, we've drifted apart so much that we hardly hang out with each other anymore.

"Dlive!" Chilled shouted from behind me. I turned around.

"Hey, Chilled. Where's Ze?" I asked, looking around.

"He's on his way. Don't worry." He chuckled, walking over to me. He gave me a look of confusion. "Hey, where's that boy you were talking about? Entoan was it?"

I flinched a bit. "Oh, um, Entoan didn't want to come along. He's not feeling well today." I lied through my teeth.

Chilled eyed me suspiciously, "Okay... then." He trailed off.

"Chilled!" Ze's voice shouted, "I'm here, but I brought someone."

Ze ran over with Gassy in hand, my eyes widened, as did Chilled's. Except Chilled was more out of jealousy than shock.

"What's he doing here?" I asked, glancing at Gassy in anger.

Gassy smirked and walked over to my side as Ze explained. "He wanted to tag along, and like Chilled says, the more we have, the merrier." Ze said, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

Chilled let out a sigh of relief, he grinned and wrapped his arms around Ze. "I thought you were going to leave me, buddy." Chilled laughed, messing with Ze's flustered self.

I smirked knowing they had a thing for each other, but were both oblivious to it. I felt an arm go over my shoulder, I gasped and tried to remove his arm.

"C'mon, Dlive. Let's have some fun today. Your little friend isn't here. Break some rules already." He whispered in my ear, causing me to shiver.

My face heated up, and my heart started thumping in an abnormal rate. "O-Okay." I blurted out.

We all laughed and ran down the hall, ready to create some mischief.

If only I knew what was going to happen soon.