Chapter 2 : ATEEZ?

Dahee's POV

I looked up to see that it was none other than Wooyoung himself. I sighed internally.

Him again...

I tried to snatch it but he was quick enough to prevent it. I tried again but that too didn't work. He started to tease me with it by moving his hand here and there.

I got frustrated. "What do you want?" I folded my arms.

"Let's be friends."

"What?" That took me off guard. I wasn't able to understand why he said that.

Why does he suddenly want to be friends with me?

"Just give me my airpod back."

"Aniyo!" I sighed, getting annoyed. "If you agree to be my friend, then I'll give it to you. So..." I was still folding my hand while looking at him.

"Will you be my friend?" He extended his hand for me to shake.

What's wrong with him?!

I wanted my airpod back so I somehow agreed, although I didn't have any interest in him.

"Okay." I shook hands with him before he gave my airpod back. I quickly wore it and got back to my work.

***

The next two periods were free so I thought to explore the school more. I liked roaming around with my airpods plugged in my ears.

I was still walking around random places when I saw something. I saw four girls standing at a place. And three of them looked as if they were bullying the other one.

But the one who was being bullied looked familiar. "Isn't she the one who bumped into me earlier?" I wasn't that far from them so I overheard their conversations.

"Yah! Why didn't you bring it? I told you to bring it today," a girl told her.

"I'm sorry. Please forgive me this time," she replied, looking frightened.

"What do you think of yourself? Huh? You think I would leave you this easily?"

Then the girl pushed her down and the three of them started to hit her while she groaned in pain.

One of the three girls, grabbed her collar and was going to slap her when I grabbed the girl's wrist and stopped her.

"I don't think you should be doing this," I said, confidently.

"Who the hell are you?! Just stay out of my way." She got angry and squirmed her hand out of my grip.

"I won't."

"You little!" She was about to slap me when the other two girls stopped her.

"Yah! Yah! Mr. Min is coming this way. If he sees us this time too then we're screwed."

"Yes, let's just get out of here for now. Hurry!"

"I'll see you next time." She gave me a glare before running away with the two of them.

I sighed when they finally left. I turned towards the girl who was still sitting on the ground.

"Are you okay?" I said, crouching beside her.

"Yeah...I'm fine." But she didn't look that fine. Then my gaze landed on her wounded elbow.

"It's bleeding!...Your elbow."

"It's not a big deal. Don't worry."

"But you need to get some first aid for it. Let's go to the nurse's office."

"I'm okay."

"But I'm not."

I helped her get up and took her to the nurse's office where she got the first aid done. We bowed to the nurse and walked out of the room.

"Thank you for helping me earlier," she said to which I just nodded.

"Your name?..."

"It's Dahee. Kang Dahee."

"I'm Kim Sua." She extended her hand for me to shake which I readily did. "You're the new transfer student, right?"

"Yeah."

"Ah, I see...But who were the girls we met earlier?" I asked. We were now walking back to our class.

"Ah, those?...They're some seniors who always bully their juniors for money. And the one who pushed me was Park Haeun, their leader."

"Then...since when did they start to bully you?"

She rubbed the back of her neck. "A year maybe..."

I looked at her in shock. "What?! A whole year?!...Why didn't you stop them?"

She smiled weakly. "Everyone in this school fears them. And I didn't have the courage to go against her. So I had to do whatever she said me to do."

"But still..."

"It's the first time when someone went against her. You were so cool at that time. Thanks for saving me."

"Ah, don't mention it."

Then we heard someone shout. "They're coming! Omo! ATEEZ!..."

"ATEEZ? Who are they?"

The corridor, that was empty when we both were walking, was now full with the students cheering for someone called ATEEZ.

To be continued...