Chapter 31 : Make It Right

Wooyoung's POV

"But did you ever see Dahee hitting her?" San said. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. "No, right?!"

He's right. I didn't see Dahee hitting Yeonah.

"As a friend, I know it very well that she won't do anything like that to anyone. It was Yeonah who made up the scene herself and framed Dahee. Yeonah slapped herself and made it look like Dahee was the one who did that to her."

"What?"

"How could you believe Yeonah, Wooyoung?!"

Yeonah framed Dahee? How can she do something like that?

I was totally confused. I wasn't able to think who to believe. And when I recalled the situation, Dahee looked like she wasn't lying. Her eyes were saying it was a misunderstanding but my mind couldn't believe it.

"And if you're still confused then see this." San showed me a photo. "You can clearly make out who this is, right?"

In that photo, I could clearly make out that the girl was Yeonah and she was with another boy. And I think I saw that boy before.

Then I realised that did saw him when I went out with Yeonah. She told that he was her friend. But in that photo she was holding hands with him, clinging onto him.

"This should be enough. Dahee was right. Yeonah dating you was just a dare for her." I looked at San in shock.

It was just a dare? I sincerely liked her and she just...

"Ah, hyung...I too saw Yeonah noona with that boy before," Jongho said.

"Then why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"I thought you wouldn't believe me."

"And the reason why Dahee got bullied..." I looked back at San. "Was also Yeonah. She told those bullies to do that to her."

"What?!" I was taken aback.

I ran my fingers through my hair. I regretted not believing Dahee at that time. If I had believed her earlier then this wouldn't have happened. Dahee wouldn't have been hurt because of me. I regretted it.

How can I be so dumb?!

Then I remembered something.

"Wooyoung!...If you leave me now then...I'll give up on you...Forever!"

"I won't let that happen," I mumbled to myself. I was about to walk away when San stopped me.

"Where are you going?"

I turned back. "To make things right." I ran from there without wasting any more time.

I need to make things right. I won't let Dahee hurt more.

***

I called Yeonah. She picked up after few rings.

"Uh Wooyoung."

"Let's meet."

"Wae? Did something happen?"

"I want to see you for a moment. Where are you now?"

"Uh...I'm near the ***** mall."

"I'll come there." I ended the call and ran to the place.

***

When I reached there, I saw her standing in front of the mall. I went to her.

"Wooyoung..." She waved at me when she saw me coming. "Why did you want to see me? Is it something important?"

"Yeah. Very important."

"What is it?"

"Did you frame Dahee?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"You know it very well. So stop pretending. Now I know everything."

"Wooyoung what are you talking about? I don't understand why you're talking like that." She behaved as if she didn't know anything about it.

"I never thought you would end up like this."

"What do you mean?"

"Dahee didn't bully you. You just framed her. Am I wrong?"

"Yah, Wooyoung...I didn't frame her. She really hit me. You saw it, didn't you?"

"But I never saw her hitting you." She just looked at me, not able to speak anything.

"You slapped yourself and framed Dahee. And you were the one who told those bullies to bully Dahee, didn't you?"

"Wooyoung you're misunderstanding–"

"I'm not misunderstanding anything now. I was just a fool to believe all that you told me. And the thing that you liked me...was also dare, isn't it?"

"Dahee told you all this right? I told you she's lying."

"Then can you explain this?" I showed her the photo. "Isn't he the guy whom we met that day?"

"That's..."

"So just stop pretending. I admit I had a crush on you for a long time. I was so upset when you transferred school. I thought that I won't be able to see you again but that day...You came back to me. I was so happy to see you again. And when you confessed to me, I felt happy to know that you love me back. But after knowing all this...I regret that I liked you."

She grabbed my hand. "Wooyoung, I can explain–"

"Don't call my name!" I yelled and slapped her hand away. "I'm starting to hate hearing my name from you."

I was in the verge of tearing up. "I liked you sincerely and you...You just played with my feelings. How could you be like this?..." I sighed. "Don't ever show up in front of me again. We're over!"

I turn on my heels and walk away. I felt so heart broken. I liked her sincerely but to her it was just a dare. I felt so guilty for not trusting Dahee from the starting.

***

"I'm so stupid!" I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration and sighed.

"I need to talk to her." I quickly fished out my phone and called her. "Dahee... Please pick up... Please..." She didn't pick up her phone. "Eottokhae? I should go to her house."

I ran to her house but it was locked which meant she isn't home. "Dahee, where you at?." I was breathing heavily because of running. "Where are you?"

Then I remembered a place. "She must be there." I quickly went to that place.

To be continued...

To be continued

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.