Chapter 33 : Feelings

Dahee's POV

I got freshened up and came back to the dining hall. Mom had already served the dishes on the table. I quickly sat on a chair, ready to dig in.

"Thank you for the meal."

Then we all started eating. The food was really delicious. My mom makes the best food in the world.

"Ah right! We're having a music and dance festival at school," I said. "My friends are going to participate in it."

"Since when do you have friends?" dad said.

"Ah...I recently made friends."

"Don't waste your time with friends. Just focus on your studies," mom said.

"Nae."

They just want me to get good grades...

"Mom, dad...The festival is in a day-"

Just then Dad gets a call. He quickly picked it up. "Nae, CEO Kim..."

I sighed. They don't even have time to listen to me. I lost my appetite but I somehow finished my food.

***

I plopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I sighed and closed my eyes but wasn't able to sleep. I sat up on my bed and leaned back to the headboard.

Then my gaze landed on the fox plushie which was beside my pillow. I picked it up and rested it on my lap.

"They don't even want to hear me out...I feel so lonely even when there home. They never understand me."

I know it's childish but I do this everytime whenever I need to talk to someone and when no one's around me.

And it really helps. I feel better when I talk it out. I hugged the plushie tightly and didn't realise when I fell asleep.

***

When I woke the next morning, I heard some shuffling sound. I walk out of my room, rubbing my eyes.

"Dahee, mom and dad are going to work. Food is kept on the table. Eat it before you leave...And don't keep leftovers," mom said and left with dad. I sighed.

***

"Tomorrow is the day, our performance. Are you all ready?" Hongjoong oppa said.

"Yes sir!" the others replied.

"I'm so excited! I can't wait to perform on the stage," San said, excited.

"Me too," Yunho added.

"I'm so nervous. I feel like it's my performance," I said, holding onto my chest.

"Your also a part of it," Seonghwa oppa said.

"I didn't do anything."

"You cheered us up. Your cheering also helped us throughout the practice."

"Why are you saying that..." I blushed hard.

***

Wooyoung's POV

I kept looking at her while she talked with the others. "She's cute." I was smiling like a fool without me realizing it.

Soon we started our practice. Dahee filmed a video of us practicing for the monitoring purpose. We monitored the video and saw where we were lacking so that we don't make those mistakes again. We had to do our best in the final performance anyways.

After practicing continuously for three hours, we finally took a break. I plopped on the floor, breathing heavily.

"Here." Dahee passed me a bottle of water.

"Khumawo."

She sat beside me. "I'm so excited to see your final performance. It would be epic. The audience will go all crazy after the performance."

"Hope so."

"Ahh...I can't wait!" I chuckled.

She's so excited about it.

***

"Here," I said, handing her the banana milk. We were at the rooftop now.

"Khumawo...I hope Seonghwa oppa doesn't break his neck this time. My neck would have been broken by now."

"Don't worry, he won't."

"But that part looks so cool, Mingi controlling Seonghwa oppa's neck movement."

"Yeah."

"Ah right! I thought of it just now."

"What is it?"

"Why don't you make a ponytail for main the performance?"

"A ponytail?"

"You're grew your hair too. I think it would look good on you. Ah, stay still."

She turned my head to face her. Then she took some of my hair and tied it into a ponytail.

She didn't realize that our faces were so close. My heart started beating faster on seeing her this close.

What's wrong with me?...Why is my heart beating like crazy?...

"It suits you well. You should do this hairstyle," she said, examining it. "What do you think?"

Then our eyes met. She was still holding my face. We kept looking at each other for a while. She then finally realized and pulled her hands back.

"Ah, mian..." She looked elsewhere.

I too let out a breath which I didn't know I was holding in and tried to calm my heart down.

Now the atmosphere became awkward for some time. Neither of us were getting a topic to talk about.

To be continued...