Chapter 13 : Pretend

Dahee's POV

The other games went pretty well; the basketball ball one, the gun fight, etc. Wooyoung was good at all of those too. Is there anything he can't do?

Then we came by the claw machines. I wanted to try it so bad. I quickly put a coin and tried to grab a plushie with the claw. But it was too difficult for me. I tried again but failed.

I pouted and looked at Wooyoung, showing my puppy eyes, hoping that he would get it for me.

He sighed. "Araseo." My trick worked. "Which one do you want?"

"That fox one." I pointed to a fox plushie.

After three trials he finally got it. "Here." He handed me the plushie.

"It's so cute." I hugged the plushie tightly.

***

We were so busy trying each and every game at the arcade that we lost the track of time. It was already lunch time now.

"Wooyoung, I'm so hungry right now," I said.

"Let's go grab something to eat."

We went to a shop nearby to do our lunch. Wooyoung told me to wait at a table so I went to find an empty table. I was going to sit down on a chair when someone stopped me.

"Excuse me."

I turned back to face that person. "Yes?"

He looked a bit older than me, he would be in university probably. He hesitated at first but finally spoke.

"Can I get your number please?" He offered me his phone.

"Huh?" I looked at him in surprise.

It was the first time when a guy has asked me for my number. He looked good but I didn't want to give him my number yet so I was trying to think of a way to reject him by not hurting him.

"Who are you talking to, jagiya?" I heard Wooyoung say.

Then he suddenly put an arm around my shoulder. I just looked at him in shock. "Excuse me, can I know what were you talking with my girlfriend?"

"Ah...I'm sorry," that guy said and went away.

"Jagiya?!...I was about to throw up then," I said and laughed.

"What's wrong with it? Weren't you going to reject him anyways?"

"I was...But I am more shocked that you pretended to be my boyfriend."

"Wae? Do you want me become your real boyfriend?" He leaned closer to me.

"Huh?" I could feel my cheeks getting warm as his face was so close to mine.

Then he stood straight and started laughing. "Your face was worth watching. You really thought that I was asking you out?!"

"N-No. Not at all." I looked away. "And let me tell you, I'll never like you that way." I walked away from him.

"It's the same for me too." I heard him say.

***

"Ah, I'm so full," Wooyoung said as we were walking back home.

"Me too."

"I visited the arcade since a long time so it was nice to go there."

"I thought that we two would just end up bickering there. But I had fun. It was nice to go there with you."

"Then we should go together again."

"Sure."

Soon we reached my house. "Thanks for today," I said before turning back to go inside.

"Dahee..."

"Hm?" I turned back to face him.

"I..." He was hesitating to speak. "Uh... nevermind. I'll get going." He walked away.

"He's really wierd sometimes." I shake my head and went inside.

***

I was having lunch at school with ATEEZ. We were just casually chatting when Wooyoung passed his pork cutlet in my tray.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You like it, don't you?"

"You're right but...you're being nice to me nowadays...it's really suspicious..." I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What? Why would I be?...I've started dieting nowadays and I didn't want to waste the food."

"Is that so?" I raised an eyebrow.

"If you don't want to eat then someone else will have it."

He picked it up with the chopsticks and was about to give it to Yunho but I stopped him.

"Wait, wait, wait!...I'll eat it."

He gave it back eventually. "Anyways thanks." I took a bite from it.

He chuckled. "Enjoy your food." Wooyoung patted my head.

I would be lying if I say I didn't blush. "Uh...You too..."

***

I was just bored and roaming here and there when Wooyoung suddenly came to me.

"Yah, Kang Dahee...Do you know what is it called when a strawberry loses it's job?"

"What?"

"Strawberry syrup." ('Syrup' sounds like 'unemployment' in korean.)

"It isn't funny, Wooyoung."

"I have one more...Which vegetable cries when you pick it?"

"What is it?"

"Burdock." (Sounds like crying.)

They jokes weren't that funny but I did chuckled at them.

He never fails to make me smile.

To be continued...