Chapter 15 : Surprise!

Dahee's POV

I woke up the next day just to see that it was 9:00 am in the morning.

"WHAT?! It's 9 already? I'm late. Ah, eottokhae?!..."

I quickly sat up on the bed but then realized that it was the weekend so no school.

"Lemme just sleep for 10 more minutes." I lay back on my bed, pulling up the blanket.

Just then I remembered something, the time when me and Wooyoung were walking home, holding hands.

"Ahh~" I screamed in my pillow.

My heart started pounding fast just by recalling it and hit the fox plushie which was beside my pillow.

"Mweoya?~ I'm going crazy!"

I rolled back and forth on the bed while hugging the plushie. But I suddenly stopped.

"Wait! What am I thinking? Do I... Aniya. I must be crazy."

I shook off the thoughts and got up from the bed.

***

I looked at my phone, still no text from my parents. "Do they even remember my birthday?" I sighed.

I got ready and headed towards our hideout. I thought to spend the day with ATEEZ.

When I reached there, I wasn't able to open the door. "What's with it?"

I tried a couple of times before I was finally able to open it. And when I went in...

"SURPRISE!!!"

I flinched at the moment. Then I saw all of them wearing party hats and coming towards me, singing the birthday song. Wooyoung was holding the cake.

I covered my mouth as I was surprised and shocked at the same time.

They knew about my birthday?!...

It was so overwhelming for me that I couldn't hold back my tears. My tears started rolling down my cheeks as I watched them.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAHEE!!!" they all said in unison.

"Guys..." I wasn't able to speak as more tears welled up in my eyes.

"Aww...My little sister is crying," Seonghwa oppa said and hugged me, patting my head. "Don't cry baby, don't cry."

He released me when I stopped sobbing. "Thank you so much guys...I..." I broke into tears again.

"Here." San passed me some tissues.

"Khumawo..." I wipe my tears with the tissue. "What's wrong with me?..." I laughed a bit, still overwhelmed.

"You should be happy. It's your birthday. Don't cry," Hongjoong oppa said.

I took some time to stop sobbing. And they patiently waited for me, patting my back and comforting me with words.

"Blow the candles fast, they're melting," Wooyoung said. I nodded.

"Make a wish first," Yunho said, stopping me from blowing out the candles.

So I quickly closed my eyes and made the wish. And then I blew out the candles as they all clapped and cheered.

"It's a present from all of us," Jongho said, handing me a box neatly wrapped with a ribbon.

"Thank you so much. You didn't have to..."

I cut the cake and feed a piece of cake to each one of them. They too fed me in return. Then Wooyoung sneakily put the whipped cream on my face.

"Yah, Jung Wooyoung!" I glared at him. Then San followed him, putting cream on my nose. "Choi San you too..."

Then I took some cream and chase both of them, trying to put it on their faces too. "Woosan just wait there!"

After running for like five minutes I stopped and tried to catch my breath. "How are they so fast?" They kept teasing me by sticking out their tongue.

"Yah! I'll kill you both later," I shouted and stomped away.

***

When I came back from washing my face, I saw that the cake was no more. "Y'all finished it?" I said, pouting.

"Ah, mian..." Yunho said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Yeosang & Wooyoung went to bring the food. They'll be here soon," San said.

"And we're back," Yeosang said, showing the bag full of food.

Then we all gathered around the table and started eating. We were just casually chatting when I remembered something.

"Ah right! I wanted to ask how did y'all know my birthday?"

"Ah, that...I just happened to see your diary one day," Wooyoung said.

"Ah, I see...Wait! What?! You read my diary?!"

My eyes widened. I wrote many embarrassing stuffs there. I hope he didn't read all those.

"Yeah."

"How can you read my diary without my permission?!"

"I just read the first page where you wrote the introduction." I let out a sigh of relief.

Thank God!...

"And the one where you fart–"

I quickly covered his mouth before her could speak anything else. The others were looking at us now.

"Hahaha..." I fake-laughed. "Let's quickly finish the food before it gets cold." The others nodded and went back to eat their food.

I mouthed 'I'll kill you if you speak anything about that' to Wooyoung before eating my food again.

Ah, it's so embarrassing!...

To be continued...