Chapter 9 : Hold On

Wooyoung's POV

[Few days later...]

The group assignment was over and we did good at it. We did the best in the class. The bet was also over by now. It was fun to watch her getting pissed.

Yeah, she used to get mad whenever I ordered her to do something like buying me bread or banana milk, etc. but she used to complete the task. Honestly telling, I liked it. I liked to trouble her like that.

But Dahee looked a bit upset these days. She kept skipping the lunch too. I wondered why she was like that.

"Dahee!...Kang Dahee!..." I snapped my fingers in front of her face.

"Huh?"

"Is something wrong? You're spacing out a lot these days."

"It's nothing."

She used to deny it like that whenever I asked why she was upset. I ignored it at first but it kept bothering me after that.

***

Ms. Lee was teaching us physics. I wasn't paying much attention to it as I used to hate that subject so much.

"Who can solve this question?" Ms. Lee asked, looking at the students.

Not me of course.

"Dahee, can you come and solve it on the board?"

"...N-Nae."

Dahee stood up to go to the board but paused in her steps and suddenly fell down on the floor. She fainted.

I quickly got up and crouched near her. "Dahee!...Dahee, wake up!" I tried shaking her up but she didn't.

"Someone take her to the nurse's office," Ms. Lee said. So I quickly carried her to the nurse's room.

***

Dahee's POV

When I opened my eyes, I found myself lying on a bed. I looked around and realized that it was the nurse's office. I sit up straight on the bed, holding my head as it was still paining.

"You woke up?" San said, coming towards me. "Are you feeling better now?"

"A little bit."

"That's a relief."

"By the way...how did I come here?"

"Wooyoung brought you here."

"Jung Wooyoung?" I was shocked at the mention of him. I never thought he would do something like this.

"Hm...He piggybacked you to here."

"Is that so?...Where is he now?"

"He must be in the class. Ms. Lee wanted someone to look over you so I volunteered."

"Ah...Thanks San."

"You don't need to thank me. You should thank Wooyoung instead."

"I'll thank him too."

***

It was sunday. I was just lazing around when I heard the doorbell ring. I got up from the bed and dragged my feet to the door. And to my surprise, I saw Wooyoung standing in front of me.

"You?! What are you doing here?" I asked in shock.

"Wae? Am I not allowed to come?"

"It's not like that..."

"Then won't you invite me in?"

"Uh...Come on in."

I moved aside so that he could get in. Then I asked him to sit on the couch and I sat opposite to him.

"So why did you come here?" I asked again.

"Aren't you asking too many questions? I just came because I wanted to."

"And why would you want that?"

He sighed. "You ask too many questions...Did you eat?"

"Nope. Not yet."

"Then let's make something to eat. I'll cook."

"You'll cook?! Do you even know how to cook?"

"Yeah. And I'm a good cook." He stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"I don't believe you," I folded my hands.

"I can prove it now." He sounded confident. Then he opened the door of the fridge. "Let's see what you have..."

Does he really know how to cook?

"I'll kill you if you burn down my kitchen."

He gave me a fake smile. "Can you please keep quiet and wait till the food is ready?"

I gave up and sat at the table, watching him doing his work. He wore the apron, rolled up his sleeves and started chopping the vegetables.

From what I saw, he seemed like he knew how to cook. He knew how to chop the vegetables nicely and so on.

He seems pretty good at it.

***

When the food was ready, he served it on a plate, garnishing it beautifully with a coriander leaf. He then gestured me to try it. So I tried a spoonful from it.

"How's it?" He looked at me eagerly, waiting for the feedback.

"It's edible."

"It should be more than edible." He pouted.

I chuckled at him, looking all cute while pouting. "It's delicious."

"I know." He smirked, looking proud.

This boy...

But the food was really good. He's a good cook indeed.

I was still eating peacefully when I noticed him staring at me.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Hold on..."

To be continued...