Chapter 1 - At The Burrow

//Hi, if your reading this then that means you've chosen to read my story, to which I am flattered. Please respect that this story is 12+ and I hope you enjoy it//

Harry's POV
"How much longer are you going to blame yourself Remus?" Arthur asked the scruffy looking man sitting by the fire. His face was covered in scars, as it usually was following a full moon, and his eyes lacking their usual mischievous glint, instead they were filled with tears and glassy looking.
"But if it wasn't for me she wouldn't be-" Lupin began but before he could finish his sentence Ginny threw herself into his arms and hugged him tightly.
"It's not your fault," The read headed, freckle faced girl said as she smiled sweetly.
"Ginny out." Molly's voice was stern as she spoke, Ginny recognised the strict tone and quickly left, giving Remus a reassuring look as she did. Remus and Ginny had really bonded after Tonks' death, given that they had both been quite close with her when she was alive. As Harry watched the scene in the living room from the foot of the stairs, he couldn't help but smile at the sight of Ginny and Remus' friendship. It somewhat reminded him of the relationship he has with his Godfather, Sirius. 'More like had'  he thought to himself. He hardly had a relationship with Sirius anymore, he hadn't heard his voice in three years. 'Don't think like that Harry'  he reprimanded himself, 'you will hear his voice again, the doctors said there is hope, he will be okay soon enough.' Harry had told himself that so many times over the last few years but never fully believed it once. Of course he wanted to believe he would be able to speak to Sirius soon and have him speak back but he didn't see much point in hope. If you hope you get disappointed, and Harry was done with disappointment. Sirius has been in a coma ever since the battle of the Department of Mysteries, and although Harry had been visiting his Godfather every Sunday, it wasn't the same. He could speak to him, tell him what's going on, but Sirius never spoke back. Each week he went didn't get easier, in fact it may have gotten even harder, the more time went on the less time Sirius had left. The fortune Harry's parents had left was large, but how long could he really afford to pay for Sirius' life support, and as much as they wanted to be, Remus and the Weasley's weren't much help. He was just so angry at the world, all the time. This wasn't fair, non of it was, why did Sirius have to be in a coma, why did Tonks have to be dead, they were both good people who didn't deserve this.

"NO I DON'T GIVE A CRAP RONALD!" Hermione's yells could be heard through the whole house, "I'M DONE WITH YOUR BULLSHIT EXCUSES!"
"Look, what would you have done 'Mione?" Ron replied, trying to stay calm.
"I WOULD HAVE PULLED MY TONGUE OUT OF HER MOUTH, OR BETTER YET NOT PUT IT IN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Hermione continued to argue.
"HOW MANY TIMES," Ron raised his voice, "SHE KISSED ME!"
"AND YOU KISSED BACK!" Hermione slammed the door as she shouted at Ron and began to storm down the stairs.
"That's a stupid place to sit, Harry." She scowled as she passed her friend who was perched on the bottom step leaning against the banister. Harry took no notice of Hermione's bitter tone, as she was often like that after an argument with Ron.

"What's got your wand in a knot?" Asked Ginny as Hermione stomped into the kitchen.
"Arguing with Ron," Fred answered before Hermione had even had the chance to open her mouth.
"Couldn't you hear them Gin?" George added.
"Now dears, what was all that yelling about?" Molly asked as she entered the room with a screaming baby in her arms.
"Oh it's nothing Molly, I-I'm sorry if it w-woke Teddy." Hermione tried to sound jolly but as she spoke she chocked back tears.
"No, no it's quite alright, it's just ever since Nymphadora died nobody had been able to get him to settle very easily, not even Remus. Bless him, he does try, but he was never good with babies. Andromeda was always great but we haven't got her around anymore. Ah well, maybe some mushed bananas will cheer him up." Molly concluded as she marched over to the fridge and began to mash some bananas.
"Mum," Ginny began "I was thinking, maybe we could have some sort of fundraiser to raise money to go towards the family's of those who died in the war."
"I think that's a splendid idea Ginny, very thoughtfull." Mrs Weasley beamed.
Teddy was now screaming louder than before and attempting to launch himself from Molly's arms.

**********

Ginny spent the next few days planning her fundraiser with the help of Fleur and Hermione. They had come up with an idea that they were sure would attract people. They were going to have a quiditch match and sell Butterbeer, all profits going to those who had lost loved ones .
"We just need two teams now." Ginny concluded as she straightened her papers. "That's only 14 volunteers, if we put an ad in the Daily Profit I'm sure people will sign up,"
she added.
Hermione nodded.
"I am sure zat Bill would be more zan 'appy to partizipate," Fleur said in her usual French accent.
"Fred and George, too," Ginny chuckled. "I'll play, I bet Harry will be a seaker, maybe he can ask Cho Chang if she will be the other one. Then we have two chasers, Bill and I, if Cho and Harry are up for it, two Seekers, and Two beaters, Fred and George." Ginny used her fingers to count as she added up the numbers. "I'll send an owl to Angelina Johnson, Oliver Wood, Cormac McClaggen, Roger Davies and Katie Bell, I'm sure Ron, Percy and Charlie will play. So I think that means we will have all 14 players!" Ginny said excitedly.

*********

Dinner at The Burrow was sausage and mash, Ginny had invited over Luna and Remus had stayed for food as well. Hermione and Ron were still not speaking to each other and the table was silent. "Food's great Molly," Remus beamed. He seemed slightly happier now than earlier.
"Thanks," Molly replied and then the table fell silent again. No one spoke until the tension was broken by Teddy flipping his bowl of mashed potatoes all over himself. Everyone began to laugh, everyone except Hermione, who was staring aimlessly at her plate.
"Blimey is that time," Arthur exclaimed as he glanced at his watch. Percy had given Arthur a watch for the previous Father's Day and he had been fascinated by it ever since.
"No wonder Teddy's so cranky, time for bed, all of you." Molly instructed them clapping her hands. Without hesitation everyone headed up to bed.

//I hope you enjoyed the chapter, the next one will be from Draco's POV. In the future I will switch perspectives more often but this is mainly just to set the scene.//