Chapter 12 - Amortentia and Lavender Perfume

Ginny and Luna POV
It was the last day of the Easter holiday and Ginny and Luna we're heading back to Hogwarts tomorrow. The two girls had grown closer over the last year. They really liked each other, maybe one of them liked the other a little too much, Luna was crushing hard. She sprayed her lavender perfume on her wrists and then her and Ginny headed downstairs for supper.

********

The two girls and Dennis (who had stayed at the Weasleys since Lucius attacked him) headed down to kings cross alone. When they got their it was exactly 10:55 so they had to hurry to get on the train.

When they arrived at Hogwarts and the usual happened, the sorting ceremony, the feast. Then the girls went their separate ways to their common rooms to sleep.

Draco's POV
"CRUCIO." Lucius yelled as Draco thrashed around one the floor, his screams filling the room.
"Let's try this again shall we? Get up." Lucius spat.
Draco feebly got to his feet and held out his wand. "Do I have to do this? I'm tired." Draco asked.
"Yes. You will never be able to kill Potter if you can't cast the killing curse correctly." Lucius scowled.
"Avada- a-avada kedavra." Draco said weakly, his wand pointing at a spider that had been enlarged by a spell. The spider jumped a little, but didn't die.
"That was almost as pathetic as last time." Lucius scoffed. "CRUCIO."
Draco fell to the floor in agony again, "s-stop! Stop please." Draco stammered.
"Not until you learn." Lucius spat.
"I can't, I won't." Draco said.
"You won't? Why is that." Lucius asked venomously.
"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Draco shouted again, but only this time the wand wasn't pointed at the spider, it was pointed at Lucius.
Draco's father dodged the curse (but barley) and began advancing angrily towards Draco.
"DRACO, THAT WAS- " Lucius began.
"SORRY OK!" Draco interrupted him.
"I was going to say excellent." Lucius smiled as he swung an arm around his son. "It was progress, I fear if I hadn't dodged I may have been dead."
"Seriously?" Draco asked, taken aback.
"Yes." Lucius said, looking proud.
"Then I can be done for the day?" Draco asked hopefully.
"I don't see why not," Lucius answered.
Draco's face lit up with glee, he could finally go and see Blaise and Pansy, (who had decided to finish the year at Malfoy Manor with Draco).
"We will celebrate tonight because I think your finally ready!" Lucius said.
"Ready for what?" Draco asked sceptically.
"Ready to kill Potter, we'll go tomorrow!" Lucius said as he left, a slight spring in his step.
The glee quickly faded from Draco's face along with the little colour it had, he went pale, ghostly pale. He would have to think of a plan quickly...

Harry's POV
"You've got mail mate." Ron said as he walked into the kitchen reading his copy of the daily prophet.
"Why are you reading that thing?" Harry asked as Ron handed him his letter.
"Because of the disappearances, and I want to see if there's any news about Bill." Ron answered.
"Do you think he could be back?" Harry asked.
"I don't know honestly, there's no proof either way." Ron answered.
Harry then looked down at his letter, it was from Draco. A glimmer of hope shot through his body, could this be Draco explaining what had happened, why he had left him. Impatiently, Harry ripped open the letter.

Dear Potter,
I can't believe you thought there could EVER be anything other than hatred between us. I mean it's laughable really, how easily you trusted me. You mean nothing to me, don't look for me because I don't want to see you, I used you and I don't regret it.
From Malfoy.

Upon reading it, his heart sank. How could he have been so stupid to believe he had meant anything to Draco.
"Who's it from?" Ron asked absentmindedly.
"No one." Harry said as he screwed up the letter and stormed out.
When he was rushing towards the stairs he banged into Hermione. They both dropped what they were holding. Simultaneously, the pair bent down to pick up what they had dropped and both somehow managed to pick up the wrong thing.
"The hell is this?" Harry asked as he held an object he had never seen before.
"It's nothing," Hermione said dismissively.
"Who's this from?" She asked opening the letter.
"Don't read that!" Harry exclaimed, but it was too late.
"Oh Harry I'm sorry!" Hermione said sincerely.
"Yeah well thanks I guess." Harry said.
"Can I have that back?" Hermione asked, pointing at the thing in Harry's hand.
"I guess, are you going to tell me what it is?" Harry asked as he handed back the object.
"It's nothing important," Hermione answered as she snatched back what Harry had been holding and handed him back his letter. As she ran up the stairs, a note slipped out her pocket.
Harry picked it up and unintentionally, his eyes were drawn to one word.
Pregnant.
"Hermione?" Harry asked as he held up the note.
"Yes..." she said as she turned around, but when she saw Harry had her letter her smile faded.
"Harry listen." Hermione said.
"Are you?" He asked.
"Yes, Harry this is a pregnancy test." She said as she held up the object Harry had found unidentifiable.
"Is it Ron's?" Harry asked.
"No, no I don't think so." Hermione said, blushing.
"Then who?" Harry asked, "it's not?"
Hermione nodded her head, "Cormac." She said.

Ginny and Luna POV
"Today we will be learning the properties of Amortentia." Professor Slughorn said excitedly.
"First I would like you to each step up to the desk and smell the draft and make a note in your books of what you smell, when we finally get to brewing your own, you will be able to compare the smells as they should atleast smell vaguely similar." He explained. "Of you go, one by one."
Luna and Ginny joined the queue together and we're quite near the back.
When it was finally Luna's turn to smell the potion she did so and then wrote down,
Broom wax and cherries.
And then Ginny stepped up and smelled too. She wrote down,
Lavender perfume...

"Can anyone tell me a fact about Amortentia?" Slughorn asked.
"Yes sir," Luna said in her usual dreamy voice, "it smells of what most attracts you."
"Good job miss Lovegood, 5 points to Ravenclaw. Now swap with the person next to you and see what you've both written." Slughorn instructed them.
Luna and Ginny exchanged notes and both realised what the other one had written.
Ginny smelled of broom wax and cherries and Luna wore lavender perfume...

//I'll not be posting chapters on Fridays, Saturdays or sundays if that's okay, also I wrote this chapter while I was supposed to be doing my french homework so hopefully it was worth it!//