Chapter 9 - Lucius Malfoy

No POV
"B-Bill pushed m-me" Fleur repeated.
"What." Hermione whispered, she had heard quite clearly what Fleur had said, she was just shocked.
"Down the s-stairs." Fleur muttered, her voice was soft and her body frail.
"No. No he wouldn't do that." Ron said as he shook his head in disbelief. "SHE'S LYING!" He shouted as he slammed his fist on the table, causing Hermione to jump backwards slightly.
"Ron," she whispered.
"WHAT!" He shouted as he spun around.
"Why would she lie?" Hermione asked, her voice trembling slightly.
"I don't know, it's just Bill would never do anything like that." He said, his voice slightly calmer.
"I'm not l-lying." Fleur mumbled. "Please."
But before anyone could say anything else Bill walked into the room. Hermione instantly stood in front of Fleur, as if shielding her from Bill.
"What's the matter with you?" He asked playfully.
"Nothing." Hermione said.
"Visiting hours are over, we've got to go." Bill said as he walked over to Fleurs bed. Fleur flinched slightly as Bill brushed a hair from her forehead.
"Goodbye love." He told her softly, and then the four visitors left.

********

The three friends were stood outside of the burrow, deep in conversation.
"It just doesn't seem like Bill, that's all." Ron argued in hushed tones.
"There's still no need to accuse her of lying!" Hermione replied.
"And it's okay for you to accuse my brother of attempted murder?" Ron asked sarcastically.
"Ron you know that's not what I'm saying." Hermione pleaded.
"No Hermione, I don't know what you mean, I don't understand anything you do anymore." Ron snapped.
"This is about last night isn't it!" Hermione said, her voice no longer hushed.
"What happened last night?" Harry asked, but by the death stare he received from both Ron and Hermione he decided this was a bad time for questions.
"I mean we hadn't even need broken up a day Hermione." Ron said, his voice sounded more hurt than angry.
"And when you kissed lavender we weren't even broken up at all!" Hermione snapped.
"Well you did more than kiss." Ron said.
"THAT'S COMPLETELY BESIDES THE POINT!" Hermione yelled,
"I was just saying that maybe-" Ron started, but before he could finish his sentence Hermione interrupted him.
"I know what your saying, and I'm my own person and can do whatever I want." She then stormed inside and slammed the door behind her.
"What is going on out here?" Molly asked, her hair was in curlers and she was wrapped in a fluffy dressing gown.
"We were just-" Ron began, before he was once again interrupted.
"Enough of this silliness, go to bed." Molly instructed them before heading upstairs herself.
Harry simply shrugged before going inside, Ron following.
"You coming mate?" He asked.
"I'll be up in a second, I'm just going to get a drink." Harry lied. He walked over to the living room where Draco was asleep. He looked so vulnerable, so innocent. Harry covered him back over with the blanket and kissed him before heading up to sleep.

"What was that about earlier?" Harry asked Ron as he climbed into bed.
"Hermione slept with Cormac the night before the fundraiser." He said in a huff.
"Really?!" Harry said, he was as shocked as he sounded.
"Yeah, glad we beat him in the match yesterday." Ron said, slightly cheerier.

********

"Wake up sleepy head." Draco whispered in Harry's ear.
"Draco? What time is it?" Harry asked.
"Shhhh." Draco replied putting his finger to Harry's lips. "Come with me."
Harry got up as quietly as he could and followed Draco. Ron clearly hadn't heard them because he was still snoring louder than ever.
"What Malfoy?" Harry asked playfully.
"Just wanted to see you." Draco said sweetly as he intertwined their fingers. "And to do this." He added as he planted a kiss on Harry's soft lips. The pair chuckled quietly.
"Want to get out of here? We can go for breakfast and still be back before anyone else wakes up." Draco asked as he squeezed Harry's hand gently.
"Sure." Harry answered.
The two left the burrow hand in hand.

********

They walked down the driveway and across the street. It took them a while to reach civilisation on foot as the Weasleys house was in the middle of nowhere.
"Where are you taking me?" Harry asked joyfully as he held the hand of his lover.
Draco put his finger to his lips and continued walking. They walked in the dark for what felt like hours, the starts and moon shining brighter than Harry had ever seen. He often didn't notice them, but since the war he had started to love the little things, as had Draco. It was another thing they had in common. They turned a corner into a dark alleyway and Draco slammed Harry into the brick wall, his hand on his throat.
"I can't tell if I'm about to be robbed or fucked right now and I love it." Harry said in a raspy voice.
"Option B." Draco joked as he brought his gaze down to Harry's lips. Harry grabbed Draco's hair and pulled softly, which made Draco moan. Their make out session was cut short by the sound of whispering voices and footsteps.
"Shhhh." Draco whispered as he took Harry's hand. They tiptoed behind a large skip and crouched down.
"Who is it?" Harry asked quietly.
Although they hadn't seen their faces, Draco would recognise that venomous voice anywhere. It was Lucius Malfoy.
"Where is the Potter boy?" Lucius spat as he lifted a smaller boy by his collar.
"I don't know." The boy cried.
"Let's try this again." Lucius persisted as he dropped the boy and kicked his ribs. "Where is Potter?"
"I don't know." The boy whimpered, "I swear I don't know.
Draco peared around the side of the skip and saw Dennis Creevey layed on the floor, his face covered in blood and his clothes muddy.
Harry tried to pull Draco back behind it quickly, but it was too late, Lucius had seen him.
"Draco?" Lucius sounded shocked as he spoke.
"Yes father." Draco replied as he slid out from behind the skip.
"Here all alone?" Lucius asked.
"Yes." Draco lied.
"The funny thing is son, is that I don't believe you." Lucius spat.
"I'm telling the truth." Draco lied again.
"Then you won't mind me looking behind this then will you?" He asked pointing towards the skip. Lucius edged over towards where Harry was hiding. Harry tried to shuffle from view, but was unsuccessful.
"What are you doing with the Potter boy?" Lucius asked.
"I was just-" Draco began, but he couldn't finish his sentence.
"Your not together are you?" Lucius asked, his voice hateful.
"No." Draco answered quickly.
"Harrys heart sank, he didn't know what he had been expecting, but it wasn't that. How could he think Draco would choose him over his father, it was stupid of him to trust Draco bleeding Malfoy.
"Well then," Lucius said raising his wand towards Harry. "Crucio!" He yelled.
Pain surged through Harry's body, it felt like all his muscles were burning. But Draco just stood their and watched, which hurt Harry far more than the pain of the curse. A silent tear fell down Dracos cheek, but he quickly wiped it away before his father could see. Harry managed to squirm back behind the skip and out of reach from Lucius' spell. He then quickly grabbed Dennis Creevey's hand and disappeared, leaving Draco and his father alone in the alleyway.
"Come back here Potter!" Lucius shouted frantically.
"He's gone." Draco whispered, slightly relived.
"Your coming home boy." Lucius said to his son. "Maybe your not such a disappointment after all." He pulled his son into a hug. Draco felt no love from this interaction, nothing compared to how he felt around Harry and his friends. Reluctantly he took his fathers arm and the pair disappeared to Malfoy Mansion.

//That's it for this chapter! Hope you enjoyed. I am writing some chapters in advance so I don't miss any days of posting.//