Chapter 11 - A Not So Happy Easter

Draco's POV
"I can't kill Harry, I mean Potter." Draco said, shocked.
"Why ever not." Lucius asked, a sly smirk creeping up his cheek.
"He killed Voldemort, he is far more powerful than me." Draco replied, but that wasn't the reason at all.
"Well of course you'll have to train up a bit first, that's understandable." Lucius answered, "but if there's another reason?"
"No." Draco said quickly.
"Excellent, its settled." Lucius said, bringing his hands together.

Harry's POV
Harry had opened up completely to Hermione over the past few days, she was the only one he had told about Draco. Molly had prepared a special Easter Breakfast for everyone. Luna and Remus has come over to join the festivities, along with Xenophilius Lovegood and Teddy.
"Happy first Easter Teddy." Hermione cooed as she fed him his scrambled eggs.
"Happy Easter everyone!" Molly cheered as she came downstairs with a basket of chocolate eggs in her hand.
"Happy Easter!" Everyone replied, almost simultaneously.
She then handed out the chocolates and sat at the table.
"Have you seen this Remus?" Arthur asked as he showed Lupin the newspaper he was reading.
"Several disappearances of witches and wizards have been reported across the country." Remus read aloud. Everyone heads jolted up and a few even dropped their cutlery.
"Do you think-" Charlie began.
"No." Molly interrupted, knowing where the sentence was going. "He can't be, he's dead. Put that paper down and enjoy the meal."
Arthur and Remus shared a look of worry before doing as Molly had said.
There was a knock at the door, "I'll get it." Bill said, pushing his chair back.
"Hello," he said as he opened the door.
"Are you Bill Weasley." The man at the door asked, he was tall and had a long goatee.
"Yes." Bill said calmly.
"Your going to have to come with me, arms out, hands together." He instructed, his wand out.
Bill did as he was told and the man tapped Bills arms with his wand. They became tied with a magical pair of silver handcuffs with a Ministry logo on the side.
"What happening." Molly asked as she rushed towards the front door.
"He's being taken to Azkaban, to await trial." The ministry official said.
"What, he hasn't done anything, what's he on trail for?" She asked.
"I have been told by Fleur Delacour that this man pushed her down the stairs. Poor girl didn't want me to come get him, kept saying it was probably an accident. She must be terrified of him." He said pointing to Bill. "Scared of what he would do if he found out she'd grassed him up is my guess. I'm going to need his wand Ma'am."
Molly reluctantly handed over her sons wand.
"I didn't, Mum tell them I wouldn't, please listen, there must be a mistake, I love my wife I would never." Bill pleaded.
"You have the right to remain silent, everything you say can and will be heald against you." The man said as he took hold off Bill and dissaperated.

Draco's POV
"Zambini, Parkinson!" Lucius yelled as he sauntered into the living room.
Pansy and Blaise's parents were sat on the black velvet sofas of Malfoy Manor.
"Yes." Mrs Parkinson replied.
"Draco's in, he said he'll kill Potter." Lucius said gleefully.
"Now Lucius, I'm not sure I want murder on my sons conscience." Narcissa argued, but Lucius simply held up his hand dismissively.
"He's doing it Narcissa, whether you like it or not, it's his birth right to join the death eaters, to kill."
"Draco," Narcissa called.
"Yes mother." Draco replied as he entered the lounge.
"Why don't you invite over Pansy and Blaise for dinner, it is Easter after all." She said.
"Ok, sure I'll send them an owl." Draco replied. "I'll need two owls though, one to take Blaise's letter and one to take Pansy's."
"That's quite alright dear," Narcissa said as she smiled.

Draco ran up to his room quite pleased with himself. He didn't in-fact need two owls to deliver his letters as Pansy and Blaise were both in the same place, Hogwarts. He would instead use the second owl to send a note to Harry. He first wrote a quick invite to Blaise and Pansy, inviting them to dinner. Since you couldn't apperate within Draco hoped McGonagall would let them use the flu network. He then sat and pondered over what to say to Harry.

Dear Harry,
I'm so sorry about how things went down last night. I should have stayed, or atleast defended you. I'm weak, I don't deserve you and I never will. The thing is, I think I love you.
With love,
Draco

When he finished the letter his hands were shaking. Draco couldn't believe he had admitted it, he loved Harry. Draco Malfoy, the unlovable, was in love, and with Harry Potter, his school rival since they were 11. Then he remembered his task, he had to kill Harry. Draco wondered what would happen if he didn't, but one thing was for sure, he wasn't going to do it, he couldn't. Draco sealed the letter but just before he gave it to his owl he stopped. What if Harry tried to be heroic and save him. He would get caught. Harry had no idea that the house was full of death eaters that all wanted him dead. Draco couldn't risk it, he couldn't risk Harry. He loved him. Draco folded the letter and slipped it under his pillow. He then drafted another.

Dear Potter,
I can't believe you thought there could EVER be anything other than hatred between us. I mean it's laughable really, how easily you trusted me. You mean nothing to me, don't look for me because I don't want to see you, I used you and I don't regret it.
From Malfoy.

Draco did not want to send this letter, but it was the safest option, the only option. He couldn't risk Harry getting hurt. He wouldn't be able to live with himself. He had to let Harry go, let him live his life. Draco was just holding him back. He sealed the second letter and sent it, then spent the rest of the night in his room crying. He didn't even join everyone for dinner, even though Blaise and Pansy has come too see him.

//thanks for reading! New chapter up tomorrow!//