4

The stark smell of bleach was overwhelming. I scrunched my eyes at the bright light that was sipping through my closed eyelids. I felt powerless and heavy. I could not move my hand, my head or my body.

I slowly started blinking, desperately trying to open my eyes and see what's around me. Where am I? As blinding light slowly subsided I could take a look around my surroundings. I was at the hospital.

Every part of my body were now coming to its sense.
I thought I died.

I look at my wrist and there saw a thin tube connected to my skin. I was rescued. But I don't want to live, I thought to myself.

I wanted out as soon as possible. Preferably right now. I pulled on the tube and felt sharp pain. Seems that unplucking that is only eyes in the movies...

I hissed and laid back again on my bed.

The door right infront of me opened, there comes a man in white coat, stethoscope wrapped around his neck. I knew he is a doctor.

"Hi, Grace how are you doing?"

I stayed silent, trying to find the right words. 'Hey i'm doing not very well. Could you please let me die?'

"I-I am f-fine" I mumbled.

"Good" Wait you heard me?

"You've lost a lot of blood Grace"

I didn't replied.

"Your friend brought you here. I don't know what happened if he didn't brought you here on time."

"F-friend?" Who would be that.?

"Do you want to see for yourself?"

I nod.

"You can come in" He said.

There walked a guy. I immediately recognized him, it was my friend Louis.

"How you doing there huh?" He said slowly walking toward me with a smile.

I was so emotional after seeing him. He knows everything about me. We've been friend since 1st grade. 

"Lou" I said. Tears left my eye.

"Hey-hey no no don't cry" He said as he walked towards me placing his hand under my cheeks and wiping the tears off.

"I missed you" I said.

"I missed you too, love" He said caressing my cheeks.

"I'll leave you too alone." The doctor said and walked away.

We both nod

"Why'd do it G?" he asked slowly touching my wrist.

"I-I" I don't what to tell him. I was at loss of words. What do I tell him? 

"You can tell me anything, okay? I'll never judge you." he said as if he read my mind. As if  he knew what I was thinking.

"Can we talk about this later?"I said whispering.

"Sure." He said giving me the sweetest smile ever.

"Can you get me out of here?" I asked him.

"Sure after a week" he said.

"WHy after a week" I raise my voice.

"Chill, you lost a lot of blood gracie, you need to rest." words rolled off his tongue in a timbre of warmth, the melodic sounds distinctly foreign. If I ever had a british accent I would never shut up.

"I have to go now, okay?"

I nod in response. Its true that I needed some time alone. But the other part of my body wants Louis to stay. When I opened my mouth to speak, he already left the room.