17

PLAYLIST:

|Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond|

| Rosemary Grows- Edison Lighthouse|

|My Girl- The Temptations|

Grace's pov:

On the way, the ride was pretty good, we had some fries and coke. I and Harry would keep jamming to Queen's music. I really need some days like this, away from the city, away from the hustle, away from everyone. Just me alone.

"What's this song?" he asked.

"I don't know" I replied.

"It's amazing, isn't it?" he asked.

"Hell yeah" I nodded.

I looked out of the window, the scene out and the song matches the vibe completely. The road, the trees, everything is pretty calming. 

Within a minute or two I could see the grass as a heavenly-weaved quilt of earth, as if by root and stem it stood in protection of what mattered.

God, I'm so poetic.

As soon as I stepped out of the car, I started walking towards the entrance. I even forgot for a second that Harry was with me, I would feel like a 7 or 8-year-old excited to see a park.

"Wait for me" Harry shouted.

I looked back to see him walking really slow.

"Maybe walk a bit faster" I rolled my eyes.

When we entered the park, a slight breeze rustles the leaves making them fall into the solid ground one by one. The air was warm, the beams of sunlight glowing on my skin. Flowers are vast, and the freshly cut green grass is concealed. The roads are nothing more than dirt littered with random rocks. Even with a lot of people walking around, I could find an odd stillness. 

"Watch out" Harry grabbed my arm and pushed me on his side.

"What" I looked at the lane I was walking. I saw a hole, with a banner on the top saying 'under construction'

"Thank you, Harry, Oh it's fine Grace" Harry added some sass.

I just shook my head and continue to walk again.

"So what's your favorite color?" I asked.

"Pfft do I look like a small kid to you? Ask me something intellectual"

I nodded in response.

"Okay then, how many molecules of sulphuric acid is needed to neutralize 5ml of sodium carbonate and 5 volumes of Tetraoxosulphate acid when calcium is heated at 200-degree celsius using nickel as a catalyst" I asked. 

You wanted some intellectual question, well here you go.

"My favorite colors are orange and brown" he replied.

I smiled.

"Can we go near the fall at least?" I asked.

"If you want you can, but I'll just stay here"

"Ugh you're boring" I huffed and walked towards the big rock that was near the waterfall. Between a few stumbles and nearly falling into the fall, I somehow reached the top of the giant rock.

I was finally able to climb the rock, "Hey grace" Harry shouted.

I looked at him clicking a photo of me. Ugh, I hate being captured.

After a minute or two, I climbed down the rock. By the time we finished walking around, dusk had already begun. We decided that it was good to head back home before it gets too late.

Harry's pov:

Throughout the whole drive, with a heavy heart, the sun won't feel like it's shining. The birdsong passes as if the melody can't glide through the air once it did before. I can't get the image of yellow and purple bruises formed on her arms out of my damn mind.

How could someone do that to her?

When I look at her, I see a happy, bubbly girl but I know within herself she's a little child hiding in the dark, scared of the demons lurking around, scared of everyone.

I wish I could be there and take her hand in mine and tell her that everything is going to be fine. She can do it. I believe in her.

I want to be there for her. I just can't keep pretending that I don't know. I want to show her all the beautiful things, and tell her that it's just a hallway towards everything beautiful, that even the darkest nights end and the sun rises again. 

This too shall pass.