Spencer

"So..." Michael said slowly from the other end of the couch, "Um.... How's your dinner?"

"Good." I replied glancing down at my bowl of honey nut Cheerios, then back at the TV screen where The Little Mermaid was playing.

"Are you sure?" He pressed, "I mean cereal doesn't exactly scream romance."

"Yeah well, neither does this movie, or the fact that your dog is licking her butt hole right now, but I don't really have much to compare it to, so it's holding up okay."

"Lola!" Michael called out, "Knock it off we have a guest! Now is not the time!"

Looking annoyed Lola rose to her feet and trotted out of the room.

"You'll have to excuse her." Michael sighed, "She's a bitch."

"Michael!" I gasped, "She's an animal, she can't help it! Don't call her that?"

"What? A bitch?" He questioned innocently.

"Yes!" I yelped.

"But she is a bitch." He said slowly, "A female dog is called a bitch."

Blinking, I stared at him for several long seconds before a smirk tugged at the corners of my mouth.

"Anyway." Michael chuckled awkwardly, wiping his mouth off on his sleeve, "The movie is good aye?"

"It's fine." I replied, "I mean I've seen it five hundred times already but that's okay."

"I love listening to it." He informed me, "I like Ariel's voice. Most of the other princess I can't stand. Like you can tell by her voice that Cinderella is kind of a bone head, and Snow White is just, lights on, no ones home. Pocohantas sounds like she's into chicks, and Sleeping Beauty talks like a sex addict."

"How do you talk like a sex addict?" I laughed.

"You know," he chuckled, "All breathy and slow, like woodland creatures turn you on."

"You're so weird Michael." I informed him.

"You know it's true!" He cried, "Ariel and Jasmine have the only halfway decent voices, but they still pale in comparison to yours."

"Shut up." I laughed blushing.

"No I'm serious!" He insisted, "It's like.... Pizza."

"My voice is like pizza?"

"Yeah! It's like, when you have five dollar pizza it's great and all, but your voice, it's like eating fancy deep dish expensive pizza when you have a craving for it."

"You crave my voice?" I said slowly.

Signing, Michael lowered his bowl.

"Your voice is like butter." He informed me, "or syrup. It makes my ears get goose bumps. It makes my heart race and calms me down, it makes me smile, it's like your favorite song. When your favorite song, by your favorite band comes on the radio and you want to sing along and scream and tell everyone around you to shut up and appreciate the work of art that makes the Monalisa pale in comparison, that is your favorite song. That's how I feel about your voice."

Stunned, I blinked, unsure of how to even begin to follow that up.

"Spencer?" Michael questioned tentatively after several minutes of silence, "Was that weird? That was totally weird wasn't it? I'm sorry I just get awkward and then there's word vomit and I need to learn to keep my mouth sh...."

"That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." I interrupted, "Ever."

Looking relieved, Michael smiled, "Really?"