Spencer

“Waaaalk of shaaaaaame!”

“Waaalk oooooof shhhhaaaaaaame!”

Fuming, I threw my car door open and slamming it so hard my teeth raddled I stormed up the driveway towards the house.

“Aw Spency don’t get mad!” Luke laughed.

“We’re just kidding.” Calum snickered, “Everybody does has to walk the walk of shame.”

Ignoring them both I tried the door, which of course was locked, then stood angrily waiting for the boys to make it up onto the porch since Luke had the key.

“Walk, walk, walk do the walk of shaaaame!”

Fantasizing about shoving Luke down the front steps and watching as he split his head open like a watermelon on the pavement, I waited as he wiggled the key in the log before pushing past him and into the house.

“Mom!” I shouted.

Instantly, Luke’s eyes widened in horror. Lunging forward Calum clamped his hand over my mouth. Thrashing around I easily broke out of his grasp.

“Mom!” I yelled.

Looking downright terrified, Luke wrapped an arm around my middle and lifted me up. Clamping his other hand over my mouth he hurriedly backed his way into the coat closet. Calum followed after us, flicking on the light and closing the door.

“Unhand me you!” I shouted, however with Luke’s hand covering my mouth it came out muffled and unintelligible.

“Be quiet!” Luke hissed in my ear, “Mom just got back from work, she’s sleeping!”

Thrashing around I tried to find a way to kick Luke in the crotch however catching on quickly to what my plan was, Calum stepped on my toes.

“Are you sure you really want to tell Mom that Luke and I picked you up from Michael’s house, where you spent the night?” Calum questioned.

He had a point on that one. Frowning, I licked Luke’s palm.

Letting out a yelp, he released me, however with Calum stepping on my toes, I was off balance and ended up tumbling backwards onto my backside.

“Are we good now?” Luke asked.

Scowling at him, I rose to my feet, slapping Calum’s hand away when he offered it out to help me.

“I hate you.” I spat.

Smirking, the two watched as I brushed past them roughly, exiting the closet and making my way upstairs to my room, slamming the door behind me.

I wasn’t mad with the boys, not really. Instead I was deeply impressed, incredibly annoyed and truthfully be told kind of cranky since Michael and I had stayed up talking late into the night.

I’d loved Michael’s bed, because to be frank he was in it, however I’d missed the comfort of my own mattress and the warmth of my own duvet. Kicking off my shoes I climbed into bed and pulling my duvet up to my ears quickly fell asleep.

I don’t know how long I slept however it didn’t feel nearly long enough before I was woken up by someone sticking a pencil up my nose. Sneezing, I pushed the pencil away and opened my eyes to find Luke and Calum sat on either side of me.

“What are you doing?” I whined.

“Did you sleep well?” Luke questioned.

Annoyed, I hit him in the face with my Build-A-Bear, however my plan backfired when the zipper on the bear’s leather jacket caught him in the eye and he went down like a ton of bricks. Curling up into a ball and keeping his palm firmly clamped over his eye he sniffed pathetically.

“Now you’ve done it.” Calum sighed.

“Luke?” I asked, “Are you okay?”

Ignoring me he sniffed again.

“Are you crying?” I pressed, “It wasn’t even that lard Luke I’m sorry.”

Pathetically, he turned to look at me, his eye red watering and barely open.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered, trying hard not to laugh.

“You suck.” He grumbled.

“You can hit me if you want.” I offered, “One free hit, any stuffed animal of your choice.”

“Any one?”

I hesitated looking the hard leather boots on the bear I’d hit him with, “Any one.”

Smirking Luke popped up like a prairie dog and scanned his options.

Sighing, I closed my eyes and waited. I expected him to pick one of my giant Beanie Babies with the huge eyes which would hurt, majorly. Licking my lips nervously I waited, and waited and waited, however the impact never came.

Surprised I opened my eyes.

And then I was nailed, with a great deal of force, with the teddy bear Luke had been waiting for me with at the airport when Mom brought me home.

“Ow!” I shouted doubling over.

“What?” Luke demanded, “I picked the softest one that couldn’t have hurt!”

“That’s what you get for hitting her.” Calum mumbled.

“She told me to!”

“You’re her older brother!”

“I didn’t mean it Spence. I’m sorry, please don’t tell Mom.”

Smirking, I sat up.

“God Spencer, I hate you.” Luke grumbled looking relieved that he hadn’t actually hurt me.

“What are you even doing here?” I asked, snatching the near from his grasp.

“We came to tell you to call your boy toy and tell him to be ready at six.” Luke said mischievously.

“What’s at six?” I questioned.

“Wear something cute.” Calum chuckled, rising to his feet.

“Why?” I asked.

“Be ready by five-thirty.” Luke said with a smirk, climbing down from my bed and leading Calum out of my room.

Frowning I stood up and ran after them.

“What are you guys talking about?” I sighed.

“Five thirty, wear something nice.” Calum chuckled before the two of them ran down the stairs and out of sight.